• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

COA MX2

hudsonvalley

MMMM...Ember
Burn victim: COA MX2
Crime scene backyard pond My Webpage pond

Accompanied by a cup of Ethiopian Harrar and at the end a Werther's Original Toffee
With the help of the FOGS here I am working my way up to some better cigars. This is a start.

Smoked a COA MX2 celebrating the end of the season. Dark looking smoke but surprisingly mild and smooth. Good burn, had one run but it fixed itself Perfect draw. Nice woody tone. Not too complex. Consistent throughout, and great finish but not too spicy. When my fingers got warm I popped in the Werthers to smooth things out. Not bad at all.

CAO :D

I agree HV, a nice cigar, probably my favorite CAO. The Brazilia's are also pretty good too ;)

Thanks for the great review :thumbs:

Hudson,

you are turning out to be a hell of a BOTL. Thanks for an excellent review!

Matt

Your links want me to sign in so I didn't see what ever it was you linked to.

Nice review, I've only had maybe a half dozen MX2s an all were pretty good.

pond04_3.jpg

here is one of the pics if the links didn't work. My favorite place to burn leaves.

txmatt said:
Hudson,

you are turning out to be a hell of a BOTL. Thanks for an excellent review!

Matt
Thanks. If anyone needs a review of their cigars I am glad to oblige :p :p :p

WOW HV,that's one HECK of a pleace to burn leaves :D :thumbs:

A couple who are political friends of mine have a similar set up in their back yard. They started small and wound up with a good size one but not quite as big as yours. They just added a waterfall this year and it came out NICE!!

I like to burn leaves by theirs too :p ;) :D :thumbs:

Thanks, I put it in as a surprise for my wife when she was in New Orleans for the jazz festival last year. There is something so soothing about the sound of water. And nothing is so much fun as renting a backhoe. :) This has a 30 brook built into it also. Frog heaven.

hudsonvalley said:
This has a 30 brook built into it also. Frog heaven.
I'm missing something, what is a "30 brook"?

About 20 years ago I came home on leave and dug out a 15x10' pond for my Aunt & Uncle, didn't look that nice though. Because they have fish that winter over I had to go down 42", how deep is yours?

hudsonvalley said:
txmatt said:
Hudson,

you are turning out to be a hell of a BOTL.  Thanks for an excellent review!

Matt
Thanks. If anyone needs a review of their cigars I am glad to oblige :p :p :p
I think I need a second review of these. Where should I send them?? :sign:

Matt

Great review Hudson! :thumbs: :thumbs:

I love the Italias and Brazilias-wonder how this one compares to them. ??? I have one in my humidor but have a thing against smoking a cigar that would leave my humidor without that particular brand. Will have to do that sometime soon-smoke shop, here I come!

AVB said:
hudsonvalley said:
This has a 30 brook built into it also. Frog heaven.
I'm missing something, what is a "30 brook"?

About 20 years ago I came home on leave and dug out a 15x10' pond for my Aunt & Uncle, didn't look that nice though. Because they have fish that winter over I had to go down 42", how deep is yours?
foot. 30 foot. sorry. it is 15x18' and three foot deep in the deepest of the three depths. Fish survive in it. We'll see about the lotus. It's first winter.

Well, hudsonvalley sparked my curiosity about this cigar. I have the torpedo in my humidor, but have a thing about smoking cigars that are the last kind of it's brand in my humi. So, when I went to Lincoln, I purchased the MX2 robusto solely for this purpose. Thanks hudson!. :)

Found this review on a website:

The CAO MX2 (maduro times two) features two aged maduro wrappers in a blend that combines only the best tobaccos from six different countries. The outer wrapper is a well-fermented Connecticut Broadleaf Maduro, while the second wrapper -- used as a binder -- is a spicy Brazilian maduro. The fillers are a sweet and picante mixture of exquisite tobaccos from Nicaragua, Honduras, Dominican Republic and Peru. The result is a taste layered with rich, intense and vibrant flavors. The quality is flawless.

The ratings were respectively

Aroma-9
Construction-9
Burn-9
Smoke-10
Overall-9

The construction to me was a definite 10, no wrapper issues or anything like that. It had a very dark and smooth look, very impressive. The burn was flawless as well, deserving the 9 rating. From initial light-up to the very end, it was flawless. The aroma was also a 9, very pleasant, I really enjoyed having the wind blow it back towards me a bit, wonderful!. I'm not sure why smoke was rated a 10, I guess I like to see large plums of it over my head that would make cheech and chong jealous. This baby produced very little of it, though this is a robusto. I'd give it an "8" in that regard. It was amazing how this differed from the Italia. The Italia starts out strong and with a peppery "bite" that fades into a lush, rich tobacco taste. This thing lasted the whole length of the cigar! I wonder if they just took a strong cigar and dipped it in pepper....for three months. I kind of wish the peppery taste started out like the Italia and faded, or started out mellower and then "wam!" nailing you towards the end. I'd smoke it again, though I'd prefer the Italia any day.

So. . .

Construction-10
Aroma-9
Burn-9
Smoke-8
Overall-9

Has anyone tried the new CAO Italia? I picked one up the other day but havnt smoked it. I also saw an brief article about it in RobbReport, which said it had Italian tobacco in it...? Id like to spark it up, but I really have zero free time. Has anyone already tried it?

vintageafficianado said:
Has anyone tried the new CAO Italia? I picked one up the other day but havnt smoked it. I also saw an brief article about it in RobbReport, which said it had Italian tobacco in it...? Id like to spark it up, but I really have zero free time. Has anyone already tried it?
See Gr8full2day's thread on the Italia here. As mentioned above, it starts out with a strong, peppery taste and then the "bite" disappears towards the middle part of the cigar. :D :D