• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Coach SABAN going to Alabama?

Saban is a LIAR!!!! No let me correct myself, Saban is a LIAR and a QUITTER!!!!!!!!

Would you want your kid to play for this guy? No way! It wasn't about the money because Wayne Huizenga was willing to pay him whatever it took to keep him, it's about the fact that he's more interested in ego than anything else. What ever happened to commitment? He had a contract and he should have honored it!

Let's face it Miami is better off without him now that his true character has reared it's ugly head.

Miami should go out and get Dante Scarnecchia from the Pats to replace him.

Mell,

That's an old, old joke... can't believe you haven't heard it before. :)

I guess you being from NJ and a true Alabama fan would lead you to that assumption??

Melly

of course saban or any coach for that matter can be fired at any time regardless of contract. Its a two way street.

ps...anyone is full of shit if they say they wouldnt want their kid playing for him.

Saban is a LIAR!!!! No let me correct myself, Saban is a LIAR and a QUITTER!!!!!!!!

Would you want your kid to play for this guy? No way! It wasn't about the money because Wayne Huizenga was willing to pay him whatever it took to keep him, it's about the fact that he's more interested in ego than anything else. What ever happened to commitment? He had a contract and he should have honored it!

Let's face it Miami is better off without him now that his true character has reared it's ugly head.

Miami should go out and get Dante Scarnecchia from the Pats to replace him.

Unfortunately there have been a lot of looser that have become parents and role models over the past twenty years that would not think twice about sending their children to Nick Saban.

Sorry Bama fans, but y’all just bought a big problem. But I do hope it works out, living in Destin we have more Bama fans then anything else. I’m not sure I could take eight years of “whine” is Saban fails to produce.

Enogh wasted air on Saban. I'm a Hurricane fan and have problems of my own! :(

Brent

I am SO gonna regret this...cause I am usually pretty nice...STFU Peekay, you ass...That was cold and you know it...Like it or not, Saban is coming to Alabama, call him a sell out, but money talks, and opportunity talks...You could do a lot of things to look like a nice guy here in the future, but comparing Alabama fans to maggots??

Melly ???

Hey, what can I say, welcome to the arena of college sports. I'm sorry if it rubbed you the wrong way as a person. It is not personal, just some ball busting. Being a college sports fan is tough, you donate and buy tickets; and sometimes things don't work out the way you like and it sucks. Then on top of that you get ribbed by all your friends, because they know you bleed crimson or burnt orange or whatever your school colors are... But you remind yourself it is only a game and that there are more important things in life.

Anyways at least we both got good basketball teams.

I am SO gonna regret this...cause I am usually pretty nice...STFU Peekay, you ass...That was cold and you know it...Like it or not, Saban is coming to Alabama, call him a sell out, but money talks, and opportunity talks...You could do a lot of things to look like a nice guy here in the future, but comparing Alabama fans to maggots??

Melly ???

Hey, what can I say, welcome to the arena of college sports. I'm sorry if it rubbed you the wrong way as a person. It is not personal, just some ball busting. Being a college sports fan is tough, you donate and buy tickets; and sometimes things don't work out the way you like and it sucks. Then on top of that you get ribbed by all your friends, because they know you bleed crimson or burnt orange or whatever your school colors are... But you remind yourself it is only a game and that there are more important things in life.

But you remind yourself it is only a game and that there are more important things in life.

Not in Tuscaloosa

Melly ???

But you remind yourself it is only a game and that there are more important things in life.

Not in Tuscaloosa

Anyone know where I can buy an Auburn hat?

of course saban or any coach for that matter can be fired at any time regardless of contract. Its a two way street.

ps...anyone is full of shit if they say they wouldnt want their kid playing for him.

Most coaches are still paid the remainder of their contracts if they are fired. (Not all, but most.)

Most coaches are still paid the remainder of their contracts if they leave. (Not all, but most.)

Most owners/schools are left hanging high and dry in either situation and get nothing but the chaos generally caused by the removal/resignation of a head coach.

These "big time" coaches have such huge egos and such an inflated sense of their importance that they think nothing of leaving chaos in their wake. It's all the owners'/schools' faults, so I don't feel bad for them, but it is really making a lot of organizations look really bad.

What's even worse in this particular case is that Saban blatantly lied (there is no other way to say it) and now he is throwing the organization that paid him millions and gave him complete control under the bus by speaking poorly about the front office in Miami. HE screwed up the QB situation. HE couldn't get the job done personnel-wise.

He's a great Xs and Os coach, but he has shown himself to be a dictatorial egomaniac. The NFL as a whole is better without him. Good luck 'Bama fans. He'll probably be gone before you know it so don't get too comfortable with him being on the sidelines.

Most coaches are still paid the remainder of their contracts if they are fired. (Not all, but most.)

Most coaches are still paid the remainder of their contracts if they leave. (Not all, but most.)

Most owners/schools are left hanging high and dry in either situation and get nothing but the chaos generally caused by the removal/resignation of a head coach.

These "big time" coaches have such huge egos and such an inflated sense of their importance that they think nothing of leaving chaos in their wake. It's all the owners'/schools' faults, so I don't feel bad for them, but it is really making a lot of organizations look really bad.

What's even worse in this particular case is that Saban blatantly lied (there is no other way to say it) and now he is throwing the organization that paid him millions and gave him complete control under the bus by speaking poorly about the front office in Miami. HE screwed up the QB situation. HE couldn't get the job done personnel-wise.

He's a great Xs and Os coach, but he has shown himself to be a dictatorial egomaniac. The NFL as a whole is better without him. Good luck 'Bama fans. He'll probably be gone before you know it so don't get too comfortable with him being on the sidelines.

jim mora got fired for making mention of another job. what was saban supposed to say?

saban didnt screw up the qb situation in miami

not sure why everyone is making such a big deal about this. happens 3-4 times a year....get over it

jim mora got fired for making mention of another job. what was saban supposed to say?

not sure why everyone is making such a big deal about this. happens 3-4 times a year....get over it

Jim Mora got fired because his father spoke unfavorably about "coach killer" (his words not mine) Michael Vick on the radio and because the Falcons didn't make the playoffs. Atlanta is an awful place for any coach with Arthur Blank patrolling the sidelines being buddy-buddy with the players.

He passed over Drew Brees in order to sign a severely injured Daunte Culpepper. He then went on to rush Culpepper to the field destroying any hope that the offense had to play well this season. If that's not screwing up the QB situation, I don't know what is.

I don't remember the last time a college coach told the world he wasn't going anywhere only to end up in the NFL weeks later. He then spends 2 years in the NFL, addresses rumors of being contacted by a college team with an emphatic "I'm not leaving", then weeks later he takes the job and leaves town without even addressing his assistant coaches (never mind his players) face to face, then goes on a radio show and talks crap about the organization that just wrote his meal ticket for the rest of his life. Spurrier is the only situation that has happened recently that is even close, but it was not the same thing.

This exact situation does not happen 3-4 times a year. If it did, nobody would be making a "big deal" about it.

A lot of people take football pretty seriously. It's a big story in the world of football. Most people will "get over it", but that doesn't mean it can't be talked about. If you don't want to talk about it, don't.

mora got fired because of something his dad said? rofl..good one

the saint made brees the highest paid qb in 06 despite coming off a pretty bad shoulder injury. At the time, it was stupid, really stupid. the saints got lucky it worked it out.