• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Coffee infused but with no sugar tip

eegeland

Hey guys. I am trying hard not to fall into the "flavored cigars suck" club but Drew Estates is pushing me. I just bought and tossed the Drew Java and ACID collector tin. What is his deal with dipping the cigar tip in sugar?

Anyway, before I run for president of the aforementioned club... can anyone steer me toward infused smokes that have NOT been dipped or coated in any sweet substance? None of the descriptions mention coatings.

Flavored haters be patient... like all kids I have to learn for myself. :)

Contact CigarPass member Insight via the private message system. :thumbs: Insight is the guru of infusion.

I don't remember the Drew Estate Tabak Especial having that sick sugar sweet coating. Wasn't too bad of a smoke for infused tobacco.

-John

Contact CigarPass member Insight via the private message system. :thumbs: Insight is the guru of infusion.

Awesome thanks!

I don't remember the Drew Estate Tabak Especial having that sick sugar sweet coating. Wasn't too bad of a smoke for infused tobacco.

-John

Thanks I will try that one. The Java actually tasted like it was a decent smoke under all that sugar but I had no lips left after licking them off. :0

If you are a fan of Granola, we have a member here who specializes in everything granola, cigars especially. :whistling:

Love you guys. :sign: Ill just go to the local cigar store and lick all the infused ones to check for sugar coatings. :p

Source out some local fresh roasted coffee ($8.00-$12.00), french press ($40.00), Arturo Fuente Cuban Belicoso Sungrown ( $6.50) or Arturo Fuente Work of Art Maduro ($8.00). Repeat.

Source out some local fresh roasted coffee ($8.00-$12.00), french press ($40.00), Arturo Fuente Cuban Belicoso Sungrown ( $6.50) or Arturo Fuente Work of Art Maduro ($8.00). Repeat.

Grind it all up together and brew in the French press.

Grind it all up together and brew in the French press.

$40 for a french press?? Don't you guys have a Ross Store nearby? :sign:

I smoked that tin of Acid's mixed sampler, just barely finished the tin just so I could give the metal can to my daughter for her hair bands. I don't think they are dipped in sugar inasmuch as "heavily" infused with their sweet botanicals. I do remember I had an itchy throat after smoking that Cold Infusion Tea cigar.
That was some time back.

I thought that tea infused stuff sounded good. I love a good ice tea with my stogie! Thought it sounded refreshing. I also agree with the sugar tipped. I have had a tatiana and some irish creme stuff and thought ugg! I just paid 4 dollars for a swisher sweet!~

-John

It does have it, but it's not as heavy or super sweet as others. Once you get that out of the way, it's pretty delicious. However, they're better as chewing tobacco TBH. The draw is impossible, and the tobacco is not bad but not really of note.

Eegeland, I am a newb myself and have found pretty quickly that searching out hints and arrays of flavors in the world of traditional cigars is much more interesting than a smack of flavor artificially done in a flavored. Things like Tabak Especial, or Oliveros Gold Cognac, or Cojimar Vanillas, or whatever, they all can be very one dimensional. The problem with that is that a true flavor such as vanilla or cognac in it's natural state or use in food or drink is complex and involves much more than the essence of the flavor to make it work - ex. Cognac, can have underlying hints of it's own, a texture, a lightness within the alcohol, an entire picture of what that cognac consists of. Separate the "cognac flavor" and it dies. And that's what flavored cigars taste like. A dead separated flavor. And they smoke different than they taste or smell. The Oliveros smell and taste like Ladies shoe store. : )

If you're after flavor, pair food or drink with a cigar and you can play around forever. I had 5 Ginger Snap cookies while smoking a Triunfador the other day and it was pretty awesome. It made the smoke super spicy in a good way.

You're right to swear off flavoreds in my opinion, they just aren't necessary far as I can tell. Now, having got that out of the way, wanna buy a bunch? : ) JK

I got the short shot negras, they seem to be a little sweet but not to noticeable. One good lick gets rid of it :laugh:

I tried a Drew/Rocky "Toast" last month. Wholly! Talk about Sugar dipped.. I think I doubled my calorie intake for the day.

My wife likes the Drew Estate Javas, I let her and her girlfriend smoke the few I bought locally to sample. To me, the smoke tasted too much like hot cocoa minus the marshmallows.