• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Coffee Roaster

Wascal

Captive of the Dark Side
I'v been considering a new hobby for some time and finally went for it today. Ordered a coffee roaster from Sweet Maria's today. It's here The link will show you the roaster. As a confirmed coffee junkie I couldn't resist any longer. :p

Now the question is, do we have any other home roasters here? If so I would appricate any tips, suggestions, beans to try.... ;)

Mike

ps don't tell Mr Jerry. :0 :sign:

There's nothing like home roasted coffee. I'm so tempted but haven't taken the plunge yet. I'll be interested to see how you like it :thumbs:

Buy a hot air popper, like the Westbend Poppery 2. It is damn cheap and easy to use. I bought 4 of them for 8 bucks at my local Salvation Army. It only takes 10 minutes to roast 4oz of beans. :thumbs:

Wascal,
I home roast my own coffee beans. Have been doing this for about 6 months now. You won't believe the difference in the taste. My wife puts up with both of my new hobbies, home roasting and cigars. She won't smoke any cigars with me, but she sure drinks the coffee. :D

I have a roaster and burr grinder from Zack & Dani's which is awsome.

You can get your green coffee beans from a number of online vendors, but I usually purchase mine on Ebay in 5 or 10 pound lots. I think that I have about 30 pounds total of 8 different beans right now. I did buy 2 pounds of Hawaiian Kona just because of all the hype. And yes it is a really good coffee. Haven't tried any Jamacian Blue Mountain yet, just can't get myself to spend $20+ a pound.

Here is an Ebay auction with 5 different kinds to try, Green Bean Sampler, I did buy from the guy and was happy with the beans. You can get beans cheaper, but this was a way of trying a couple different types.

You will find yourself drinking way too much coffee just trying to make your own special blend.

I sent a pound of fresh roasted coffee to Bat_Chief for the New Years Lottery with the smokes he won, hope he enjoyed.

Thanks for the imput guys. Geldor1, I have a grinder like you bought, it's a plate grinder not a burr, still does a good job. I did look at the roaster before ordering the one I did. Just went with the lowest price one for a starter. Figured if I like roasting I'm going to end up with a drum roaster anyway. :p I'm getting 8, 1/2 lb samples with my order so I'll have a few to try. A good site to check for bean info Coffeebeancorral?, you can check the flavors you want and it will give you the beans!

Mike