• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cognac

Agreed. To each his own just as with cigars. I love scotch but am not a big fan of cognac. Of course I've never had any of the really expensive stuff. It would be hard to convince me to pay that much when I can get a lovely bottle of single malt for $50. I've had the cheap versions of Hennesy and Courvoisier and didn't particularly care for either.

you are so right...it´s a matter of taste....

But I like it alot :D

Las t year this time Devin treated the Richmond Herf crew to a snifter of Cognac. I can't remeber what is was, but it was damn fine. I agree though, the standard Henessey and Corvosier leaves something to be desired. I don't sip these, but they are fine for mixing. Plus they make a great spike for egg nog.

Emo

I agree with lucasbuck on the single malt Scotch. Nothing better with a full bodied cigar. As far as inexpensive Cognac goes I would just as soon drink a good 10w40 motor oil.

;)

Toaster said:
*Factoid: Cognac can be called Brandy- But a BRANDY can not be called a COGNAC. Cognac means it was made from fruit from the COGNAC region of france- where BRANDY being the same basic thing is made from fruits NOT from the region. Just like Champagne can be called a sparkling wine, but sparkling wine can not be called CHAMPAGNE (same reason, the fruit used is from the CHAMPAGNE region of france). What can I tell ya, my dad was a big drinker when I was younger and I picked up all this useless crap... In fact, my dad is still a big drinker.

:thumbs: Toaster
This is correct. I remind my father in law of this all the time. He enjoys drinking Metaxa (a Greek brandy) when he smokes with me. He likes to call it "Cognac" and I like to remind him that the French "own" that word. To which ..... he starts muttering about the damn French!

:p :p