• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cohiba Band Layout

bpj87

Go Bulldogs!
I searched for this but could not come up with anything conclusive. :(

On the new style Cohiba bands, is the gold box, in which 'Cohiba' is written, always centered, always offset to a specific side, or can it be either? Thanks! :thumbs:

Based on the counterfeit gallery image with the gold box nearly centered, is the band below definitively fake, or is this layout possible for an authentic Cohiba? Thanks! :thumbs:

gallery_7349_703_223074.jpg

I'll check when I get home. The label has to be slightly offset to make up for the overlap when they band the cigar.

PM me the source of the label in question and what cigar it was from and box code if any.

Based on the counterfeit gallery image with the gold box nearly centered, is the band below definitively fake, or is this layout possible for an authentic Cohiba? Thanks! :thumbs:
I see nothing in the way of definitive tell-tales in that photo.

I'm not sure what you mean by "offset" or "layout" but I do know that I don't see anything there that would concern me.

If you mean the registration of the embossed gold border relative to the other elements of the band, then that could vary all over the place in authentic specimens.

Wilkey

I see nothing in the way of definitive tell-tales in that photo.

I'm not sure what you mean by "offset" or "layout" but I do know that I don't see anything there that would concern me.

If you mean the registration of the embossed gold border relative to the other elements of the band, then that could vary all over the place in authentic specimens.

Wilkey

By offset, I was (poorly) describing the fact that the gold box, in which 'Cohiba' is written, is not centered on the band. Here, it is significantly offset to the right. I was questioning whether all Cohiba bands had this feature centered, or if it was acceptible to have it off to one side or the other.

Ohhhhhh. It's exactly as Anthony says in post #7 of this thread.

Wilkey

Thanks for putting up with all of my false alarms, Wilkey! :thumbs: Enjoy you sabbatical from incessant inquiries! :laugh: