• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cohiba Black Box

hott_mic

Banned
Hello everyone. This has been driving me crazy all night trying to figure out what to get, I tried and really enjoyed the Cohiba Black coronas so I wanted to get a box to put some age on them, but now I am in a predicament. I don't know what size to get, I tried the coronas and it was a hit but I'm not sure if it was enough and I have been thinking about getting a box of supremos, the crystal tubos, the churchills or the coronas, now is there much a difference in taste between each size? I mean I like the coronas and all but I thought it would have been perfect if it had just a little more flavor with each puff, so if you can please lay some suggestions on me. Should I buy the crystals in a pack of 8 and see how the bigger guage goes or maybe get a couple samples of the churchills and the supremos? Thanks in advance.

Mike

TUBOS! TUBOS! TUBOS!

Buy one of each vitola and see what you like.

Can't hurt to do a little taste testing.

To be precise, when we speak of "vitolas" with respect to Cuban cigars, we typically mean the "vitola de salida" or the selling/commercial name of the cigar. For example, Por Larrañaga Petite Coronas is the "vitola de salida" for a cigar that is made in the factory size, or "vitola de galera" of marevas. In non-Cuban cigars, the term "frontmark" is usually used in the same sense as the "vitola de salida." I don't know if there is a uniform system equivalent to the Cuban "vitola de galera" but I'm thinking not. NC production seems to be driven more by traditional notions of cigar sizes, for example, robusto is about 50 ring by about 5" length.

Wilkey

To be precise, when we speak of "vitolas" with respect to Cuban cigars, we typically mean the "vitola de salida" or the selling/commercial name of the cigar. For example, Por Larrañaga Petite Coronas is the "vitola de salida" for a cigar that is made in the factory size, or "vitola de galera" of marevas. In non-Cuban cigars, the term "frontmark" is usually used in the same sense as the "vitola de salida." I don't know if there is a uniform system equivalent to the Cuban "vitola de galera" but I'm thinking not. NC production seems to be driven more by traditional notions of cigar sizes, for example, robusto is about 50 ring by about 5" length.

Wilkey

Wilkey, you are going to scare him off with that explanation :laugh:

Wilkey

Wilkey, you are going to scare him off with that explanation :laugh:

Precisely...... ??? Did some research after the second post and found out about the vitola de galera, so that cleared up some stuff, NC usually are robustos, torpedos, etc. while ISOMS are usually referred to as something different like a Julieta in this example.... so much info to process, so little time, but I think I'm learned up now on vitolas. Thanks. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitolas http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitolas