• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cohiba Black (churchill)...worth 15 bucks?

Big Boss

is this to much cigar for a noob? should this be my first "expensive" cigar? help me decied

is this to much cigar for a noob? should this be my first "expensive" cigar? help me decied
I'm not big on the Cohiba Black's but everyone's taste's vary. IMO you could get a much better cigar or cigars with your fifteen bucks.

IMO - not a great cigar. For 15 dollars.... I'd roll with a Padron annivers. If you haven't been smoking long, those 15 dollars could be better spent sampling 3 lower end ones, like Pepin, Padron x000 series, Nub, Fuente short story, oliva, and so on. Check out the review board, great info there are plenty of daily and not so daily smokes.

I agree with everyone here. And if you would, please adjust your grammar to keep this forum tidy, everyone does appreciate it. I also agree with the Padron Anni series. I also am from Michigan. Welcome to CP noobler!

I'll second what's been said elsewhere: if you're looking for your "first good cigar", you can do a lot better by picking up a sampler, and that Dominican cohibas are overpriced. Samplers will also be priced closer to the box price rather than the single price, and sometimes less than.

Two decent introductory samplers around your $15 price point: Famous and Holts.

NC Cohiba = overpriced

Agreed -- but the Cuban Cohibas are overpriced, too (though I happen to like them).

Cohiba Blacks, IMHO, suck.

There's not a thing I can argue with there.

To the OP: Please don't confuse expensive with good. The cigar industry is subject to a fair amount of marketing hype, and price is no guarantee of quality.

IMO, you'd be better off buying yourself something in the Padron x000 series, a Fuente 858, and a LGC Wavell for the same money and have three good cigars instead of one crappy one.

I am as new as a newbie can be. The very first cigar I smoked was a Cohiba Black churchill. It was one of those WOW smokes for me. I have been smoking for about three months now and still enjoy the CB at least once a month. If the fifteen bucks is not a problem for you I say get it, but remember I am a newbie!
Another option you may want to try is the newbie sampler. I just participated in it, and it was great! All you would have to do is add another 35 bucks and get a great sample of different smokes. You can offer information on what you like to smoke and they will try to cater to your taste, highly recommend.

By the way, Cohiba Black is still my favorite smoke, for now. I have read alot about your taste of smokes changing as you get more involved.

Just a newbie opinion,

Rich

Editted to say I have not smoked any of the other cigars suggested here. I will be marking this post to try some of them!

Thanks guys for the suggestions!

Every NC Cohiba I have smoked seemed to have poor construction and not very tasty. IMO spend the 15 buck on a Padron Anni, tats or some other good smokes out there. Just my opinion though!!