• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cohiba Exquisito

Sleepy

After a number of windy and rainy days, finally things let up, and with the temperature nearly hitting 60, I figured today would be a nice day for a relaxing smoke out on the deck. Opening up the humidor, one of these little guys caught my eye. As I hadn't had one in a good 6 or 7 months, now was as good a time as any to revisit the experience.

Prelight, the draw was good, neither too tight nor too loose. The wrapper was medium brown, and construction appeared a bit rougher than as is usually the case with his larger brothers. The burn was uneven a little once lit, but nothing major and easily corrected. The first few puffs, smoke volume and flavors were lighter than I like, but at about the half inch to inch mark, things really picked up and I was greeted by rich tastes of coffee, earth, and some leather, accompanied by hints of spice.

The ash was a firm medium grey, and held on nicely until about the one third mark. After falling off, the next draw surprised me with nutty and grassy tastes, and even what I thought to be cinnamon. Once again, the ash held for about another third before giving up the ghost. I was impressed, as even at this point, the cigar was never harsh or too hot despite its thin ring gauge. It turned into a nubber, good to the last puff, with the final third akin to the first but more intense.

While I'd recalled the exquisito burning fast in the past, it still ended up a very relaxing 40 minutes for me. If you are fond of smaller cigars, this is one I'd give a shot. I'd peg it as medium bodied, a notch above other small cigars I enjoy like the Trini Reyes and SC El Principe. The only downside to me is the relatively high price.

Good review. I really like the Exquisito. It's a great size and like you, I'd smoke it more if it weren't so pricey.

Wilkey

I find these to be the only truely full bodied Cohiba. Easily the strongest. I was a little put off at first as the profile is so different but I've warmed up to them since. They are little Espresso bombs. Thanks for the review.