• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cohiba Grand Reserva

simmsboard

Slacker in trainning
Hello first off if there already is a post on these please forgive me for double posting (search does not seem to be working tonight) Anyways I saw an ad for these bad boys today and was looking for anyone who may have an idea if they could actually be worth the price? I have kind of faded from spending the extra cash on this brand, but do have to admit a few of the specialty cigars made by Cohiba do put a smile on my face while smoking.

Thanks for any insight on these.

Joe G

Probably a little early for most markets, UK has them but the rest of the world is probably a couple of weeks away!

Probably a little early for most markets, UK has them but the rest of the world is probably a couple of weeks away!

They're readily available in most markets but the cost is insane. While I would love to smoke one, I'm passing at these prices.

I've had them and enjoyed them, but that was probably 3 years ago.

Singles are available here in MX. Check the Retailers forum. They are very elegant smokes and will leave very little wiggle room for interpretation. It is hard to imagine any smokers giving these lower than mid-90 rating.

Cheers
Drew P

I have 5 from the Festival, will be smoking and reviewing this week...

~brooks

I guess I was mistaken, I've had the Cohiba Selección Reserva, sorry.

As much as I would like to try one, these prices IMHO are just ridiculous...at least for me. I'm sure there are those out there with deep enough pockets and the will to acquire these cigars...despite the global recession.

I heard that they are going to be something like $1700.00 for a box of 15. A single for $125.00? That's a 25-ct box of petit coronas or a 10-ct box of Lusitanias. If the Grand Reserva turned out to be the best cigar you would ever smoke, would they be worth $125.00 a piece?

I heard that they are going to be something like $1700.00 for a box of 15. A single for $125.00? That's a 25-ct box of petit coronas or a 10-ct box of Lusitanias. If the Grand Reserva turned out to be the best cigar you would ever smoke, would they be worth $125.00 a piece?

Nope, but I sure would like to smoke one :).

Jim

Not very likely...but there will always be those who are able and willing to buy them at that price...

Thank you gents. I am not sure I can pop that kind of coin on a single cigar, but it may not stop me from trying to find a better deal on this cigar since this coming year I will turn 50 and this may be the cigar to celebrate with. I look forward to reading the upcoming review. Perry had me find a review on the web from a couple of well known reviewers which has kept my interest in these "costly" treats.

Joe G

I've no doubt that the Cohiba Gran Reserva will be a good if not great cigar. Just not great for the price...

I think they're almost sold out world wide, or at least getting there quickly.

Once of my sources is selling them in (2) packs but jesus H they are expensive. We only live once so I'm in. I posted a review.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOFzLllIxtg

Wow, after about an hour after ordering my 4 sticks the source was sold out and they just got them in Wed evening. Hope these huge expectations don't water down the actual experience. Not sure when you all are getting yours but I'll be sure to post a full review as soon as they are in. Tic Toc....