• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cohiba questions

psyktek

Frugal Old Fart!
Got three slide box five packs delivered yesterday (these are cardboard packs with each stick in its own box). Here are the variations that have me concerned:

1. Two of the outer boxes have the Cohiba name outlined in gold, the other doesn't

2. On the same two, the profile on the box is much more sharply defined than on the third.

3. On this part I not sure, but 1 (or 2) of the boxes say: "Hecho en Cuba" and "Totalmente a mano" and 1 (or 2) of the boxes say: "Hecho a Mano" and "Habano, Cuba".

All three say Habano S.A. and the individual boxes are identical; it's only the outer packaging that's different.

Any thoughts from the experts?

I don't have one of the old packages available to check, but the "new" Cohiba graphics, seen more and more now that it's been our several months, does have the embossed lettering, gold outline (and 3 rows of dots above the logo on the cigar band).
It's possible that you have one of the old packs, and two of the new.

The other problem is that in the last year, many new forms and formats of packaging have popped up in Cuba : 3-packs of Monte No.4, 5-packs of Monte No.2, Monte 'A' in individual 'coffins'. Boli Tubo packs, and Cohibas in 3's, 5's and single card boxes. It's hard to keep up. :p