• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cohiba Secretos

The CM5 are way to young to appraise at this point. Lets see how they smoke with five years or so on them.

Agreed, Cohiba's particularly the larger ring gauges need age to really shine..

Or you could smoke them within the first year, because they are pretty nice fresh.

I agree on both counts. Tasty now but who knows what age will do at this early stage.

As far as what people's opinions are, I leave that to the "Fair and Balanced" folk. ;)

Steve

When I first started smoking cigars over a year ago, I preferred larger ring guage cigars. Usually 50+. Over time I have drifted lower and lower. Now 42 is actually my favorite RG. Go figure. It just feel more comfortable.

The CM5 are way to young to appraise at this point. Lets see how they smoke with five years or so on them.
I'm finding it harder to go this route the older I get...I may be dead or feeble by the time they're ready to smoke! :laugh:

My palette is in training to appreciate "grass, fresh hay, floral, and herbal" taste notes at this point in my life :sign:

If smoking a Secreto makes you a girl.. I guess I should change my name from Stephen to Stephanie.

Some people feel the same way about Lancero's (they associate the length and smaller guage to something like a Virginia Slim, which is usually advertised by women). I also love Lancero's.

There is no such thing as a "woman cigar" and the only "man" cigar I guess would be the Oliveros XL For Men?

Love the Maduro Cohibas to switch things up a bit.

maduro-1.jpg

Just purchased a box and no looking back. These are great 20-30 minute smokes. Quality madura! Will be posting a review shortly.

Secretos are great and will hopefully be even better in the future.

Secretos are great and will hopefully be even better in the future.

That's what I thought when I first smoked them. Then I had a few more recently that I've been aging, and thought "meh"... I'm hoping that changes with more age.

Again, these are young, young cigars. In a few years we'll have a much better idea how good these might be. They might suck. Who knows?

I had a Secretos the other day and loved it, definitely going to need to get my hands on a few more.

I recieved 3 in May as an early graduation present.

I tried to smoke one, and it kicked my noob butt...I was on the couch for an hr or so trying to sleep it off haha

I thought it was pretty good though.

Im deff gunna let the other 2 age for a long time...

Again, these are young, young cigars. In a few years we'll have a much better idea how good these might be. They might suck. Who knows?

Yeah, what confuses me is I initially loved them when fresh. Hopefully just a stage...

Its fair to say the MC5 Secretos were amazing rott, but have not improved as much as the Magicos and Genios. The Genios are the cigar that will benefit most from a long nap.
The Secretos might need to be smoked asap.

Get at it.

Cheers
Drew P

I would have to agree that the secreto is really good rott box.This just for my personal taste & not all would agree with me.One thing is for sure though,cuban tobacco benefits the most with aging.

I just received my box of Secretos the other day. Of course I had to smoke one right of the box. Good smoke and the ash didn't fall off till I was close to the nub. I was pleased with the taste, etc. However, the draw was tight. Too tight in my opinion. It was like sucking a golf ball thru a straw. I really had to work at getting a full mouth of smoke. I'm hoping I won't have the same experience with the rest. Anybody else have this same experience with Secretos?

This is not uncommon with new arrivals. They will settle down with humi time at proper RH. Try another in a couple months and I'll bet you notice a much improved draw. Also a good idea to test the draw pre-light. If the draw is too tight I put 'em back in the humi until they loosen up.