• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cohiba Siglo I - Substitute?

yomamar6

Okay, off all the cigars I've sampled (listed below) so far I enjoyed the Cohiba Siglo I. In your opinion, is there a cheaper substitute?

Cohiba Siglo I
Montecristo 5
Romeo Y Julieta Tubos 1
Ramon Allones Small Club Coronas
Partagas Coronas Junior

If you're looking for an orange, there are others, most of which are in your list above. If you want a cheaper apple, there isn't one.

I have found a suitable substitute for the Cohiba Siglo I. It is the Trinidad Reyes. Not much of a price difference. Taste is very similar. If you're ever in Cuba or Canada, give these a try.

I have found a suitable substitute for the Cohiba Siglo I. It is the Trinidad Reyes. Not much of a price difference. Taste is very similar. If you're ever in Cuba or Canada, give these a try.
I agree, the Reyes is the obvious comparison both in size and amount of flavor. I actually prefer the Reyes' flavor.

I can't believe no one mentioned what I believe to be a great substitute, possibly even better cigar:

Padron 1926 Serie No. 35, I prefer maduro but either will do. Slightly easier to get a hold of too.

Wow, only 2 suggestions. RASC which I've tried and Padron 1926 Serie No. 35. I'll pick up a Padron and give it a try. I was hoping there would be more suggestions.

Wow, only 2 suggestions. RASC which I've tried and Padron 1926 Serie No. 35. I'll pick up a Padron and give it a try. I was hoping there would be more suggestions.

I thought you found the answer to your question. Are you looking for substitutes for everything on the list in your OP or just looking for a Sig I substitute?

I thought you found the answer to your question. Are you looking for substitutes for everything on the list in your OP or just looking for a Sig I substitute?

Yes, so far the best answer to my question was the Trinidad Reyes.

Just looking for a Sig I substitute.

With all the posts about how there are a lot of great non CC's I'm sure there must be a few that taste similar.

Well, it may be that MMBurtch and Grateful1 are right.

Thanks for suggestions.

I believe the OP was looking for a cheaper substitute. The Padron '26 #35, while a good cigar, is approximately twice the price of a Sig I.

EDIT: I have to agree with those who suggested the Reyes. The RASSC is definitely a good stick as well! :thumbs:

As far as size and price go, I'd recommend the Illusione 68. I also agree with the above statements, you can't really find a complete "replacement." I also prefer the Trinidad Reyes in terms of flavor, plus it's slightly cheaper.