• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cohiba Siglo III Real/Fake w/ Pics

Is a real cuban?

• Yes

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 10 66.7%

• Total voters

Kllian

A friend of mine brought me a cohiba siglo iii today and told me his brother got it from Croatia. I hardly know anything about cigars, so I told him i'd post it here.

Here are the images of the cigar.

Here are links to the full size image, it's off my droid phone, so sorry about the quality.

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/8528/20100126090454.jpg
http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/3373/20100126090435.jpg

Here are the resized pictures for the forum

20100126090454.jpg

20100126090435.jpg

Looks like a 42 ring, about 6" long.

The Cohiba lettering is in gold and has Habana, Cuba below the name.

Is it authentic?

Thanks!

Looks fine to me.
I never saw SIGLO III sold in a carton package like that.
That is the only thing that caught my eye.

Here's a an exapmple of a fake band of Cohiba
http://www.vitolas.net/displayimage.php?album=19&pos=4

The band ends near the beginning of Cohiba is suspicious IMO. Otherwise, hard to tell for me.

It may just be the lighting that the picture was taken in, but the yellow in the Cohinba band an on the box is usually a bit more orange in color.

Comparing the top of the box to my Siglo IVs I bought in London it looks to be spot on.

34.jpg

Could just be my eyes but I don't see much of a triple cap, but other than that, it looks fine to me.

Sorry, this is a fake. On an authentic Cohiba, the gold band for the box around the letters COHIBA is slightly smaller than the band that goes around the back of the band. On this cigar, both are the same size. This is one of the most common mistakes of fake bands.

Sorry, this is a fake. On an authentic Cohiba, the gold band for the box around the letters COHIBA is slightly smaller than the band that goes around the back of the band. On this cigar, both are the same size. This is one of the most common mistakes of fake bands.

That's actually an amazing catch. I thought it was pretty obvious that you're not going to see a Cohiba band with the outside right end of the label wound all the way around to the Cohiba (instead of in the middle of the back).

But I had never thought of the fact that as many screwed up Cohiba labels as I've seen on real Cohiba's - printing errors are quite common - those offset errors never result in the main middle level gold band that wraps all the way around the cigar, from being larger than the gold box "Cohiba" is in.

Damn good catch!

Also, the wrapper looks unusual but damn that fake looks real.

there is a triple cap on it and i took it to the local cigar shop and had them check it out. they all said, 100% real. :)

If you took a cc cigar to an US cigar shop, depending on who it is, they may or may not be able to help. There are MANY US places that would not have the first clue about ccs.

I studied Killian's linked image after clicking the image to maximize it's size. Looking at the gold band around Cohiba and around the center of the band I think it looks pretty close to the band on a CoRo I received in a box split here. It would make it easier to decide for sure with better photos.

CoRo1.jpg

CoRo2.jpg

I know these images are huge. If the board thinks I should edit them to a smaller size just let me know.

smok'em, i agree, not all places would have a clue, but ric at cigars etc has always been a very classy guy and opened states there are some cigars he's just not familiar with. i've never had a cc before, so i want to make sure this is legit before saying i've had one. :)

I'll break out the nikon d300 tonight and get a high res photo and post it this weekend.

FYI - proper capitalization goes a long way toward making posts readable.

smok'em, i agree, not all places would have a clue, but ric at cigars etc has always been a very classy guy and opened states there are some cigars he's just not familiar with. i've never had a cc before, so i want to make sure this is legit before saying i've had one. :)

I'll break out the nikon d300 tonight and get a high res photo and post it this weekend.

I had something more elaborate written up but frankly it comes down to this: most of the people out there don't have a damn clue how to ID a legit cigar. You don't need to pass any special test to run a cigar shop.

Interesting - ~400 views and only 11 votes. Anyway, please let us know how it smokes.

Knowing what kind of stuff Croatia is capable of exporting, it's best to rub it with garlic, stab it with a stake, shoot it with a silver bullet and then submerge it in holy water. Most of what comes from that country is unholy and should be dealt with as described.