• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cohiba Siglo IV

Pyre

Back with a vengeance
Box Code: KMM JUL04

I had not planned on writing a review for this, but I found the experience so enjoyable that I had to share.

Friday night I packed up my car and began to prepare for the 45 minute drive I make nearly every weekend. I enjoy my commute, it gives me time to smoke a cigar. For this trip, I picked out something nice. Its getting close to Christmas, so I decided I'd try one of my Siglo 4's that have been resting in my humidor for the past couple of months.

I've had a few other cohibas, and I know that smoking a young cohiba is almost a waste. This one was to be my first judge of how they were aging.

The inital few puffs were rough, very spicy, full of nicotine and a little harsh. I was afraid that they were still too young, but it was lit, and I was gonna smoke it.

After having burned maybe 1/4 of an inch of cigar, this smoke came alive. The taste was simply outstanding. I distinctly remember tastes of caramel, a little bit of cedar, and every now and then I got a vanilla flavor. The underlying flavor was very smooth, medium-full, and just a bit of spice. The familiar "twang" was present, but not overpowering.

I had to touch it up twice, both times after ashing.

This cigar was so good, that I had to slow down (driving) to 60 MPH, otherwise I'd arrive too early and have cigar to waste. The trip transformed itself from a mundane commute to a wonderful escape from stress, worries, work, and real life complications.

Simply put, this was one of THE BEST cigars I have ever had. I can't wait to have another.

I commute daily, how do you get away with once a week? Smoking in the car is about the only way I can fire up a stick once winter starts. Mine certainly aren't Cohibas though. :(

AVB said:
I commute daily, how do you get away with once a week?
[snapback]264748[/snapback]​

My girlfriend lives in the town next door. I stay with her on the weekends, but I'll be moving there in January. Soon I'll be a daily commuter again.

Rocking review, Pyre! Sound slike a great cigar experience. I'm a late convert to Cohiba, but they are some of the best out there.

Wilkey

Nice review! i really wonder how they will age... time will tell. :)

tastes of caramel, a little bit of cedar, and every now and then I got a vanilla flavor. The underlying flavor was very smooth, medium-full, and just a bit of spice. The familiar "twang" was present, but not overpowering.

Nice review. I enjoyed one of these on Saturday (17th) for my birthday, and that is exactaly what I tasted. Great smoke, actualy made me like Cohiba again.

Sound yummy. I will put down this as a must-try cigar list. I have a Cohiba robusto that I am saving for a special occasion for over a year now. Guess I will light this baby up during the New Year's eve which is also, Wooo Hooo..., my birthday. Yup, I am a New Year baby... :thumbs:

If you liked this one try some of them from Dec '00....Now those are some awesome smokes...maybe my favorite

OpusXKC did smoke one from 2000. It was a nice smoke indeed. I really enjoyed it.

Very nice review of a great cigar!

I have a few of these sitting in my Humi that are about 4 years old, think I'm going to smoke one tonight to celebrate tomorrow being the first day of christmas vacation (German christmas is on the 24th so our Boss gave us 2 days off to finish our last min shopping.) or maybe I'll smoke my last HU Magnum 46.

Decisions Decisions...

I smoked one of these as well recentlly while at the LCDH in Grand Cayman. Excellent smoke and it had me wanting more :) Great review as well. :)

Did somebody say Cohiba? :D For a time I had my favorites in the Siglo line but I finally decided they're all great. I probably smoke more V's then any of the others but mostly because I love the Dalias size and it's the only Dalias I like. The Siglos also tend to smoke much better young then the standard line.

lucasbuck said:
Did somebody say Cohiba? :D For a time I had my favorites in the Siglo line but I finally decided they're all great. I probably smoke more V's then any of the others but mostly because I love the Dalias size and it's the only Dalias I like. The Siglos also tend to smoke much better young then the standard line.
[snapback]265155[/snapback]​

Mmmmm. The Dalias vitola de galera is such an elegant size. Now I just wish Cohiba would put more than just the Siglo VI in small-count packaging (like the Sig VI 10-ct). The Sig IV or V in a 10 or 12-ct would be so convenient.

Wilkey

Nice review. The Siglo IV ages very well. I am currently smoking out of a box of 99's and they are very smooth with great nose and complexity. I also have a box of 04's and I tried one before I buried them for their long nap. It smoked very well and should be a classic in another 4-5 years.