• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cohiba Siglo IV

flamchop

65/65
Had a long week last week and wanted to celebrate the weekend with one I've never had before. I've had other Cohibas but have never had the pleasure of trying one from the Siglo series. I don't know the year on this, but I've had it for about 9 months so I would guess it has about 1-2 years on it, tops.

The smoke felt soft when squeezed between my fingers, but not mushy. I punched the cap and took a draw.. a little on the tight side but was able to get enough air through, it tasted of fresh tobacco and cedar. But not "grassy" as a lot of young Habanos taste. This smoke has that familiar light brown caramel wrapper that comes with most Habanos.

I toasted the foot and was off and running. I immediately got a whiff of some spice. The draw was loose enough to smoke comfortably but was just a tad tighter than perfect. After it settled down a bit I tasted mostly caramel notes, with some woodiness (cedar?), toasted nuts, and fresh tobacco... without that harsh grassy taste I was almost expecting to get. I can't say I noticed the flavors changing all that much throughout, but it was a tasty cigar with lots of creamy smoke. At one point the wrapper cracked pretty bad, but I blame that one some sloppy ashing on my part. I was knocking it against my ashtray while talking to a friend of mine, not being too careful with it.

It took me a little over and hour to smoke this one and I enjoyed every puff. It wasn't as strong as other Cohibas I've had, but it had a very pleasing tobacco flavor. A bit on the mild side but with lots of flavor, I would recommend this to anyone who's looking for something a little different from the rest of the Cohiba line, but still wants that high quality flavor. I have a few more of these and if I can hold out I'd love to give this one another try a couple years down the road.

Thanks for the review and pics Mike. Sounds like your stick might have still been in a "sick" period. I love the Cohiba profile, but I've never picked up on what people call grass. Thats the one flavor I just dont get

Thanks for the review! I've been wanting to try a cigar from the Siglo line for a while now, but have not had the chance. Some day...