• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cohiba Siglo VI

gatorsmg

Here Fishy, Fishy
I smoked a Siglo VI from May '04 yesterday compliments of Ric.

The construction was great and it had the expected pre-light aroma. The first few puffs gave lots of smoke with a grassy flavor. I would say (and actually did) that the first inch or so gave the impression of a light to medium bodied cigar, I guess you could say that I was wrong. It ended up being the strongest ISOM I've ever had. By the end it was clear that the cigar had kicked my a$$ to not only me but to Ric too. I had to step out of the shop and get a soda and doughnut next door. Although the burn was a little uneven at times, the draw was perfect all the way down.

It was a great smoke but I'm going to have to agree with Ric that they could use a little age on them before torching them up.

Thanks Ric :D

These are going to age perfectly, if recent flavor is any indication. I have some from the first batch of ten count boxes that are just the greatest recent production Cohiba I've ever smoked. My problem will be keeping them that long because I like 'em so much right now!

Matt R said:
I have some from the first batch of ten count boxes that are just the greatest recent production Cohiba I've ever smoked.
[snapback]167819[/snapback]​

What are the dates on those Matt? I believe the earliest box code I have is MAY03 but they are the SLB 25's.

I had one on Sunday and had a hell of an experience throughout. Got a little sweaty when I was done, but a great smoke none the less. I definitely think these will be amazing given time. For now, still like the CoRo's better.

ricmac25 said:
I had one on Sunday and had a hell of an experience throughout. Got a little sweaty when I was done, but a great smoke none the less. I definitely think these will be amazing given time. For now, still like the CoRo's better.
[snapback]167841[/snapback]​

Agreed. Right now I'd rather have a number of Cohiba's before the Siglo VI's, and especially the Sublimes... seems to me there's a bit of "new cigar mania" going on here. Just look at the prices some people are paying for these sticks. ;)

I do have boxes of each put away for aging, hopefully they will indeed come around. For the money, I'm still thinking there are other Cohibas that are a better value. Time will tell!

I have some from a box dated May03 as well. Several out of the box have been tight on the draw. Burn has always been even and cool, but just not the volume of smoke that I like. The flavor is very good, though I didn't get the strength that is being described here. It's been a while since I've had one though...maybe it is time to try another. ;)

The ABR 04 I smoked had tons of smoke, great flavor, and packed quite a buzz. Maybe the tubo made the difference. What does a tube do anyway? Make it age faster?

Ree

I would say IMHO, keeping a cigar in it's own tubo would seal the flavor, aroma, all that good stuff, into just that cigar. Like it's TOO good for the rest... Atleast that's how my VI is lol. Thanks 3R

ree ree robusto said:
What does a tube do anyway? Make it age faster?

According to the Min Ron Nee Bible, the tubes slow down but improve aging.

Just got my first Siglo VI compliments of my wife. Not sure of the date code but I assume it is from '04. She wasn't even sure it was a Siglo VI as I just sent her with a list of sticks for when she was in the Bahamas last week. She showed the store the list and asked them for the two best. I measured it and sure enough - Siglo VI. The other was a Monte #2. Based on the posts here I am going to put this away for awhile and let it age a bit (if I can resist). :thumbs: