• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cohiba Siglo VI

MartinB_USN

Going to pick up a few Siglos this weekend. Who has tried the Siglo VI? It's so tempting but I just dont know. I'll probably end up grabbing two of each siglo II and IV. This is my new method buy two of everything. Smoke one, if i like it hold onto the other for a while to age or I can trade off to one of you thats interested regardless of likes or dislikes.

I have not had any of the other siglos (although i would love to try the II and IV) but i found the VI to be quite nice, but at 33 bucks a stick (I remember a previous posting with you referring to that price) it might be a tough decision however if I could get them here i probably would get some. But I would say try one and see how it compares to the others, but from what i remember it is a very nice smoke.

K

P.S.

I follow your method as well, i usually buy sets of 2's whenever i buy singles.

The VI's are good but still young. I smoked one the last week with a year on it and it's still not close. They're not harsh, it's just when you smoke one you know how good they are going to be. I'd say buy more than 2. Smoke the first one and put the rest away for a 3-5.

Would you think the 03 Siglo VI's are ready or should those sit as well?

I keep the following Siglo's in stock at all times. III,IV and V.

The III is the best bang for the buck,the IV is next. The VI's I have smoked ( gifts from friends, because I would never buy them) have been just ok. They definitely need a lot of age. Price wise I would much rather smoke 2 III's or IV's for about the same. The II's are nice but for a few bucks more you can get the III's.

I would have to agree that the Siglo III w/ age are the best out of the bunch. They can be had from '01.

I love them. They smoked great at 6 months and are even better now. I don't smoke them often because of the cost and because I'm not a big fan of large ring cigars. I also think they have major aging potential and am interested to find out how they will stack up against my favorite aged Siglo V.

ree ree robusto said:
Siglo VI Tubo is my favorite out of the Siglo line. :sign:

ree
[snapback]218940[/snapback]​

I have a few Tubos and non...What's the difference supposed to be?

These would not be my choice. Especially for the price! I think that there are so many other better sticks out there.

The Siglo VI are great but I find that they smoke better "wet"... in other words stored at 70 to 75% RH.....

Never had the chance to smoke a VI, but my buddy raves about them and always brings em over when we herf. I'm sure they are good, but I doubt they are as good as some other brands EL's which are about the price. So not much value for your buck in my opinion.

i would reccomend a III. i bought a box from 03 in 04 and let me just say that they were awesome. It was aged for half a year and they were really good. They are also what others would say best "bang" for buck.

Now, The VI's look intimidating. If you actually have time for such a long adventure, then wait half a year after buying. Afterwards, dig in like there's no tomorrow. Well, not like that, cause if it was me, i'd be trying to smoke 5 at a time, and seeing if i could put them in random orrifices.

thejollyco said:
i'd be trying to smoke 5 at a time, and seeing if i could put them in random orrifices.
[snapback]219831[/snapback]​

Remind me not to be around when this guy whips out his Cohibas! :laugh:

atuck said:
thejollyco said:
i'd be trying to smoke 5 at a time, and seeing if i could put them in random orrifices.
[snapback]219831[/snapback]​

Remind me not to be around when this guy whips out his Cohibas! :laugh:
[snapback]219898[/snapback]​

As long as they're his orrifices he's trying to put them in, then party on! :whistling:

TVST*R said:
I have a few Tubos and non...What's the difference supposed to be?
[snapback]219100[/snapback]​

One is in a tube, the other is not. ;)