• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cohiba Siglo VI

BroJoe

Hey folks, thought I'd try my hand at a review, having read so many good ones here. Todays smoke was a Cohiba Siglo VI Tubo. I got a few three packs of the tubos a couple months back and decided to try one of each variety. I had smoked a IV the day before and had some issues with a tight draw and felt the flavor was indicative of a good Cohiba, but one in need of some age. Anyway, the sun was shining. temp was in the high 80's, so it seemed like a good day to have a smoke on the deck overlooking the Manhattan Skyline.

Construction: Overall very nice, just what I expected for a Cohiba, Smooth, milk chocolate wrapper, no big veins, nice triple cap. The cigar had a nice even feel, no soft spots, but just enough give. Clipped it with my xikar and the pre draw had just the right amount of resistance. Caught a bit of a hay/barnyard aroma, with a light taste of a earthiness and straight tobacco.

I proceeded to toast the foot gently and was hit with a very pleasant, toasty aroma. I brought an espresso with me as I felt it would go nicely with this cigar in the mid morning. Once lit, the draw proved to be perfect, producing nice thick clouds of smoke with a medium to dark grey ash. The first third was dominated by earthy coffee notes, with occasional hints of wood and cocoa. A slight taste of ammonia on the finish made me think that this should definitely benefit from aging, perhaps still in a bit of sick period? Progressing into the second third saw some of the same flavors dominating, with the occasional cameo of a sweet honey/vanilla like flavor. Coffee, wood and a slight earthiness remained the most detectable flavors. The burn of this Siglo wasn't perfect, but even enough to not require any touch ups. The ash held on for almost half the cigar, which was nice. The second third also brought a little more of that young tobacco/hint of ammonia, which kind of prevented me from fully enjoying the experience. As I got closer to the band I couldn't get past that ammonia, as it started to really get in the way of the other flavors. Once I got to the band I decided that I would revisit these in a few months or maybe a year, as I see them having big potential, but in need of a rest. I wish I could know the age on these, but I don't believe the tubos 3 packs offer the production date. I'm assuming they re pretty young as the 3 packs probably sell quickly. I'm also thinking of bumping down the humidity in the humidor down to about 65% from 70% to correct some of the burn/ bitterness issues. I did a little dissection of what was left and included a photo. Nice looking filler, no stems, overall quality.

Hope to get some feedback, as this was my first shot at a review, and my palette still needs some refinement. Thanks in advance! :D
Photos are in reverse order,forgive my phone pics and hairy legs
IMG_0164.jpg

IMG_0162.jpg

IMG_0159-1.jpg

IMG_0158-1.jpg

IMG_0156.jpg

IMG_0159.jpg

IMG_0158.jpg

IMG_0154.jpg

IMG_0152.jpg

IMG_0151.jpg

Tip #1: Don't ever wear black socks with tennis shoes.

Tip #2: Don't ever ever put pictures of your legs into a review again. Or anywhere on CP for that matter. :)

Very good review. I like the photo with the band and dissected cigar nub. Thanks for taking the time to share.

:laugh: X2, however, in order to have a great view of the city like you do, I guess a guy has to keep his priorities in order, one being whatever is in in the sock drawer gets worn today!

That was a good first review on CP BroJoe, keep 'em coming! You have a better grasp of flavors than I do, I'm jealous.

Thanks for the kind words guys. Laundry day tends to bring out the more unusual
Aspects of my wardrobe, I'll make sure to wear my smoking jacket for my next review! As for my pallette, I try to describe more or less what the flavor reminds me of, but I definitely cant pick out some of the particular flavors most other CP reviews can. But hey, a good smoke is a good smoke, no matter how you describe it! Cheers

Excellent review.:thumbs:
Yesterday I smoked one of these bad boys and it was very good.
As for the RH,I think 65% is the way to go because with 70% yo can suffer from plugged and burn issues as you mentioned in your review.

Great view you have over there.

Thanks for the review and the pics. Nice view....er of the skyline and not of your legs ;)