• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cohiba Siglo Vl Box Code

xprinter

Well my box of Siglo Vl's finially arrived :D and like normal I'm having a hard time checking the box code.
It's LIN NOV 04, I've always gotten authentic boxes from my source, but the codes are always hard to verify from him. ???
I can hardly wait to open it up but must wait till I verify it.
Thanks in advance for any help!

You sure it's not LLN for José Marti, formerly H. Upmann?

11/04 but I'm sure you figured that part out.

You sure it's not LLN for José Marti, formerly H. Upmann?

11/04 but I'm sure you figured that part out.

It's definitley LIN.
As far as my source goes everything has been good just hard to verify, I do know that he goes to cuba himself and some how gets them back to the US.
Is their any to verify the serial number on the seal?
Also the box is a cab type, slide top lid if that is any help.

Again thank you guys alot for the help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have one that is LLN March 04. Well, I should say had cuz the sticks are long gone. :laugh: Very good year indeed. :thumbs:

As far as my source goes everything has been good just hard to verify, I do know that he goes to cuba himself and some how gets them back to the US.

The first part of your post quoted above concerns me.

As for the second part, I believe Moki has a box code checker here.

Wilkey

The first part of your post quoted above concerns me.

Wilkey

Agreed. There is a good chance these are fugazi. Smoke one and let us know what you think.

I must respond to this post. I also recently was offered a box of Cohiba's here in Hondo with the same Box code LIN May 05. The vendor was a different vendor from my normal guy(looking for a better deal). After my education here on CP and other web sites on Cuban counterfeiters i figured the box as a fake. All of the Cuban box code links i have read all say LLN and not LIN. I was also able to look at one of the cigars from another box and noticed that the I in Cohiba is almost on touching the H unlike my real one the I has perfect spacing. 2 The identifier HABANA, CUBA is much darker on the fake then the real one i have in my humi. The only way i could make these comparisons was to buy one of the suspect cigars and go over with a fine touch comb before buying the box.
I know i am a newbie here but i think this comparison method could help you a lot.
The only problem is that if you open the box the vendor my tell you he can not take it back.

Joe

I'm going to have to agree that these are probably fake. Whenever the source, "goes to Cuba a few times a year", they are 99% of the time fake, that is, unless you are personally going to Cuba and therefore are your own source. I'd be extremely skeptical from anyone that claims such a thing, as the number of people in the US who go to Cuba every year is actually rather small and people bringing back Cuban cigars to sell, and in enough quanitities to sell, are themselves, suspect. Just my opinion, for what it's worth.

I too would be very suspect of anyone "traveling to Cuba" and bringing back boxes.

You might look at the box seal article at Cigar Nexus for some helpful info:

Box Seal Article

Don't know if you have easy access to a blacklight, but a 14x magnifier shouldn't be that hard to come by.

A correct seal isn't a guarantee of authenticity, but a bad one is a dead giveaway that the cigars are fake.

Maybe you guys have figured out something I haven't.......but to me, trying to figure out box codes past about '03 is damn near impossible since they change them up every few months. Only thing I look out for is to make sure I don't see any old box codes popping back up on newer stock, because that's usually indication of a fake.