• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cohiba Sublime '04

uptown_isy

The Man Uptown
Someone I know (not on CP, or any other forum) gifted me 2 Sublimes fro '04 recently. Due to the price he claims to have paid, I immediately suspected the smokes as phony. He gave them to me in order to let him know if he's been getting ripped off or not. He showed me the box and these EL '04s had a box date of '09. Is this possible? If these are indeed phony, I must say that the counterfeiters are getting better and better in printing the bands.

In my opinon they are fake based on the box date alone. As I mentioned to you a few weeks ago the Sublimes and DC's are 2 of the most faked CC's around. Post up some pics of the sticks and some of the "Eagle Eyed" brothers here may be able to give you an idea if there's anything suspect with the bands.

Someone I know (not on CP, or any other forum) gifted me 2 Sublimes fro '04 recently. Due to the price he claims to have paid, I immediately suspected the smokes as phony. He gave them to me in order to let him know if he's been getting ripped off or not. He showed me the box and these EL '04s had a box date of '09. Is this possible? If these are indeed phony, I must say that the counterfeiters are getting better and better in printing the bands.

04 cigars with an 09 date code =

FAIL!

Thanks Jay and Gary....I'll try to post pics in a bit with my cell phone cam.

Jay is an expert as he buys many fakes. LOL. As I have suggested without pics or smoking suspect ,but since you have might as well try.

I'm smoking one of them now. It's a pretty decent cigar....but it's no Sublime. Christian....I'll send you the other one I have so you can see for yourself. Now I have to tell my buddy that this isn't what it's supposed to be.

04 cigars with an 09 date code =

FAIL!

X2 ELfrom 2004 with a boxcode 09 sorry!

Rene

I can understand why someone who didn't know any better would buy them....they're pretty good sticks and the construction is flawless. But I just got off the phone with him to break the news. He took it pretty well, considering he's been getting ripped off for years.

That is a sad story to hear, but at least it is better to find out the truth than continue to get ripped off.

That is a sad story to hear, but at least it is better to find out the truth than continue to get ripped off.

Yup....I kind of figured they were bogus when I heard the price he paid. When I saw the box code, I was even more convinced. But that's right....better he knows the truth than continue to get ripped off. THanks everyone for their input.

Well that would sting a little to find out that you've been getting ripped off for a long time!

You'd think that the counterfeiters would know better to put 04's in an 09 box... :rolleyes:

Do the cigars acutally have an EL band on them? The reason I ask is because I believe the Sublimes were added to the regular Cohiba lineup this year. If they don't have the EL 2004 band on them then they might be legit. If they do have the EL band then they are phoney as a three dollar bill. Pics would be helpful, though.

Do the cigars acutally have an EL band on them? The reason I ask is because I believe the Sublimes were added to the regular Cohiba lineup this year. If they don't have the EL 2004 band on them then they might be legit. If they do have the EL band then they are phoney as a three dollar bill. Pics would be helpful, though.

Sublimes were definitely not added to regular production. As Ree Ree Robusto said there was a Sublime Extra Habanos Book Collection release in '08 but those were limited as well.

Sublimes were definitely not added to regular production. As Ree Ree Robusto said there was a Sublime Extra Habanos Book Collection release in '08 but those were limited as well.

Yes, you are correct. I went and researched it later (which is what I should have done before posting).
whistling.gif