• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cohiba Yellow Band

Fyodor said:
There are three different Cohiba brands. Cuban Cohiba, Dominican Cohiba, and another dominican Cohiba by general cigar company(red dot). None are fake. The ones on that auction are the regular Dominicans and considered to be the worst of the bunch by many. I've had one and didn't think it was too bad.
[snapback]210715[/snapback]​

Those are classed among the "bundled smoke" variety - very cheap - smokeable, but that's about it. I don't believe these are manufactured by General Cigar.

The General Cigar Cohiba "Red Dots" (Regular and XV) are a good Domincan smoke, but I think are overpriced. I like smoking them, but I also prefer other cigars over the Cohiba that are cheaper.

The Cuban Cohiba's are supposed to be the best Cuba has to offer - triple fermented, and made of some of the best tobacco's in Cuba. I think they are overpriced for what they are (not a bad smoke by any means, but a bit pricey).

Quoted from Jeff Aiken, your Guide to Cigars at cigars.about.com:

Cigars manufactured in Cuba have a yellow, black and white band. They say 'Cohiba' and have the words 'La Habana, Cuba' under the name. These words were added in the early 90s so should be present unless your buying very old cigars. The Dominican Republic cigars manufactured by General cigar have a completely different band. It is red, black and white with the 'o' in Cohiba filled in red, hence the name Cohiba red dots. The cigars manufactured at the Montecristi factory have a label that is yellow, black and white and similar to the Cuban band. The difference is the words 'La Habana, Cuba' are replaced with words 'Republica Dominicana'. These are commonly called yellow band Dominican Cohiba. So which are the Cohibas your friend said to try? My guess would be the red dots. Cuban Cohibas are, of course, illegal in the US and yellow band Dominican Cohibas by all accounts are not very good cigars.

cohibard-small.jpg

Cohiba Red Dot...

Cohiba%20Bands.jpg

Cuban Cohiba...

9620633.jpg

Fake Cuban Cohiba...

C.Torp.bun.jpg

Montecristi Dominican Cohiba...