• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cohibin's Cohiba

Status
Not open for further replies.
moki said:
The plot thickens...

Hi Andrew,

In October and Nov of 2003 Habanos made a production run of Cohiba Piramides and RJ Robustos - Limitadas from 2002. I confronted  Habanos  and was told they had not been made. So I brought a production manager from Habanos into the conversation. He confirmed that they indeed made the cigars, but put the wrong band 2003 instead of 2001. I have seen some cigars that had the outside band 2003, but the inside the cigars had 2001 ring. I have also seen them with both inside and outside bands of 2003.

The last few boxes I have sold ( that were purchased in Havana) were in fact the 2003 production cigars. So they are real. I have still a few boxes from the original 2002 run with 2001 rings, but the wrappers are not very dark.

Hope that helps.

Warmest wishes.

Mitchell
C.Gars Ltd
& Turmeaus tobacconist est 1817
www.cgarsltd.co.uk
www.humidorsonline.co.uk
www.agedcubans.com
Interesting, but I'm more confused now :(

Jeez, just say they are custom hand made cubans. Anything else can't be proven unless you get sworn affidavits from everyone in the chain of production.

Fact of the matter is, if you band them with what you believe may be the right band, there is still a chance you are WRONG! With that in mind, the only real solution is to say they are unbanded habanos hand-rolleds. Anything else and you are not sure; which would make you a liar.

If you want to band them and keep them in your humidor, then it doesn't matter. But don't band them and try and sell them or trade them making them seem like they are something they may not be.

ricmac25 said:
If you want to band them and keep them in your humidor, then it doesn't matter. But don't band them and try and sell them or trade them making them seem like they are something they may not be.
I would concur. Even if they were/are legitimate blend ELs of some kind, this can not be verified with anything other than word of mouth, which is useless no matter who it comes from. And as far as Mitchell's comment, I have respect for Mitchell's knowledge so I say this with a bit of reluctance, but you can talk with six different Habanos officials and get six different answers on what was made and what was not. I don't see how his comment relates to anything here, really. These cigars that Cohibin has were obtained not through official means, rather they were obtained through a relative at the factory. Whether any of us choose to believe the legitimacy of this claim or not, the cigars should not be considered "official". Therefore, banding them and selling them as something that can not be verified through specific provenances, is an act of counterfeiting. Of course, all of this is just my opinion.

Cohibin, MattR is absolutely correct (look at this, I of so little knowledge trying to lend credibility to what Matt says :p ) Furthermore Matt has said it with relative kindness and factual information. This should be a sign to you, leave off the bands, and sell them as custom rolled Cuban collectables.

Others have said the same thing, although they chose to do it in an accusatory and rather hostile manner, but you will find hostility everywhere, so take it with a grain of salt.

For what it is worth, I never questioned your sincerity in this, and I firmly believe that you were slightly misled about the brand. This is why I for one never accused you of any willful deceit. But the time has come to decide if you will leave off the bands, or try to pass them as something that cannot be substantiated. I hope you take the high road and leave the bands off.

Ok, given the difficulty and speculatory nature of matching a blend to a cigar just by taste-budding it, I won't reband them to sell them. However, I will advertise them as Habanos, since for me, even if a cigar is pulled from production before banding/boxing, it's still as an original authentic Habanos cigar as the one that got boxed (this is a sticky point for many, I know). The oddities, I have 2 options. 1- Replace bands with my own. 2- Leave bands on and advertise the bands are for "presentation and adornment" puroposes only and do not represent a Cohiba blend. I guess I'll see between those.
Just for my own speculation, I'd still like to see if Matt and Tony can determine what blends they are.

Cohibin said:
I will disregard whatever imbecility you write for now on being that you've chosen to take that road. I'm persistant because I AM AND HAVE BEEN tellling the truth and besides, I HAVE NEVER asked for YOUR opinion, DON'T care for it, DON'T need it NOT INTERESTED on your humble approval or cash, SO, save all that BS for someone who gives a crap about what you have to say. You sound so bitter, you got burt really good or something, boy I can tell someone must've taken you for a ride $$$omewhere, in a way I fell sorry for you.
By now I know who the respectfull and honest members are here, you, you can go joint the rest for all I god damn care. OH, and your mother is the troll ok!?
I think you really cheesed me off on this post!

spam5.gif

Cohibin said:
Ok, given the difficulty and speculatory nature of matching a blend to a cigar just by taste-budding it, I won't reband them to sell them. However, I will advertise them as Habanos, since for me, even if a cigar is pulled from production before banding/boxing, it's still as an original authentic Habanos cigar as the one that got boxed (this is a sticky point for many, I know). The oddities, I have 2 options. 1- Replace bands with my own. 2- Leave bands on and advertise the bands are for "presentation and adornment" puroposes only and do not represent a Cohiba blend. I guess I'll see between those.
Just for my own speculation, I'd still like to see if Matt and Tony can determine what blends they are.

negative11.jpg

Sell them somewhere else!

emodx said:
Cohibin said:

negative11.jpg

I'M NOT HERE TO SELL ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cohibin said:
Absolutely and I apologized for that already since I realized the identity was mistaken. To clarify this I sent my smokes to reputable members that know the Cohiba blend. I took the auction of the p's off because of this. I have no issues with taken the Cohiba bands off, but I've always known the cigars are legit LEs Habanos and I think it's fare I find out what they are and band them properly.
So... to clarify 100% please... WHO exactly put the Cohiba EL bands on these cigars?

If it was done by your friend in Cuba, then he was being deceptive. If it was done by you, then you were being deceptive.

IMHO, you planning to put whatever bands you want on them (asking if anyone had any Hoyo bands) is deceptive as well.

They should just be left unbanded, and declared non-production Cuban cigars.

Cohibin said:
emodx said:
Cohibin said:

negative11.jpg

Your second sentance states:
However, I will advertise them as Habanos, since for me, even if a cigar is pulled from production before banding/boxing, it's still as an original authentic Habanos cigar as the one that got boxed (this is a sticky point for many, I know).
So if you weren't going to sell them, why advertise. Many are growing tired of your bantering. I for one am cheesed off by the whole situation. I believe that everyone has a right to sell what ever they want. But everyone here has a right to throw up the bull**** flag too. By your comments to Vewy you obviously don't belong at this forum. We allow a lot of leeway on posts and prefer self moderation over the other alternatives. I am sure if you continue on the path you are on, some one will eventually ask you to leave. So perhaps you should evaluate why you are here at CP. That's my 2 cents.

Emo

emodx said:
Cohibin said:
emodx said:
Cohibin said:

negative11.jpg

Your second sentance states:
However, I will advertise them as Habanos, since for me, even if a cigar is pulled from production before banding/boxing, it's still as an original authentic Habanos cigar as the one that got boxed (this is a sticky point for many, I know).
So if you weren't going to sell them, why advertise. Many are growing tired of your bantering. I for one am cheesed off by the whole situation. I believe that everyone has a right to sell what ever they want. But everyone here has a right to throw up the bull**** flag too. By your comments to Vewy you obviously don't belong at this forum. We allow a lot of leeway on posts and prefer self moderation over the other alternatives. I am sure if you continue on the path you are on, some one will eventually ask you to leave. So perhaps you should evaluate why you are here at CP. That's my 2 cents.

Emo
I WAS refering to my auctions in Yahoo, which have been part of the debate. I never brought them in here, I never PM'ed anybody soliciting etc, other members posted the links to mock and bash.
What happened with Vewy, he insulted me. I guess you didn't read that post. I personally don't stand for direct insults, no matter on whose turf I'm on. That unless you don't consider people calling you a troll, an idiot, a fake and all the other demeaning offensive adjectives, and serious accusations made by him, insults. Be fare. It is one thing to dissagree and voice your opinion, another to take pleasure in direct insults. You just expect me to sit tight as I'm getting bashed? Why didn't you say something to him then and there??

C'mon Emo, get a clue. And Phishy too for that matter. The guy never once offered these cigars for sale here. He had them on auction, but NEVER EVER offered to sell them to anyone on CP. Yet he has been under constant attack by a select few who think they may be the WHOLE friggin Police Department in our self policing society. I believe if you were treated as he has been, you may also have lashed out a time or two.

What happened to this being a friendly place? is that gone? have we gotten so big that we don't need to be cival anymore?

This place is beginning to feel more and more like CF instead of CP, no wonder so many people who used to post here don't any longer

Puro, I said something to Cohibin, and not to you. So please mind your own business. No one needs this pot to be stirred. No one called him anything too derogatory. Fake and trolling are not demeaning. Cohibin, I didn't realize you were selling them at Yahoo exclusively. I was under the impression that you were selling them here. Regardless, this is our site, and if you don't like the way we handle things, you know where the door is at. I am very interested to see what our taste testers have to say, but you make your own bed, so don't be afraid to sleep in it.

Emo

emodx said:
Puro, I said something to Cohibin, and not to you. So please mind your own business. No one needs this pot to be stirred. No one called him anything too derogatory. Fake and trolling are not demeaning. Cohibin, I didn't realize you were selling them at Yahoo exclusively. I was under the impression that you were selling them here. Regardless, this is our site, and if you don't like the way we handle things, you know where the door is at. I am very interested to see what our taste testers have to say, but you make your own bed, so don't be afraid to sleep in it.

Emo
so, this is OUR site, as you said, and you yourself felt the need to come in here and start something, but you think I should mind my own Biz? so you are our COP now, right, just let me know so I can be sure I have it right. LIVE whaty you preach EMO, you are stirring the POT not me.

PuroBrat said:
C'mon Emo, get a clue. And Phishy too for that matter. The guy never once offered these cigars for sale here. He had them on auction, but NEVER EVER offered to sell them to anyone on CP. Yet he has been under constant attack by a select few who think they may be the WHOLE friggin Police Department in our self policing society. I believe if you were treated as he has been, you may also have lashed out a time or two.

What happened to this being a friendly place? is that gone? have we gotten so big that we don't need to be cival anymore?

This place is beginning to feel more and more like CF instead of CP, no wonder so many people who used to post here don't any longer
Puro, you always stir the pot and play the, "poor poor person" part to the T. Trust me, I am not the only one who thinks this, nor am I willing to put up with it anymore. I know a lot of people bite their tongue when it comes to this part about you. I for one won't do it any more.

Emo

emodx said:
Puro, I said something to Cohibin, and not to you. So please mind your own business. No one needs this pot to be stirred. No one called him anything too derogatory. Fake and trolling are not demeaning.  Cohibin, I didn't realize you were selling them at Yahoo exclusively. I was under the impression that you were selling them here. Regardless, this is our site, and if you don't like the way we handle things, you know where the door is at. I am very interested to see what our taste testers have to say, but you make your own bed, so don't be afraid to sleep in it.

Emo
Emo, perhaps they are not to you, but they are too me. I guess insults are a thing of cultural standards. Besides, they were said with the intent to insult and put down so that makes up for any differences.
If you are interested on reading what the testers had to say, go back to the beginning of this topic and read Tony B. and Matt's reports. There are decent people here making it worth staying.
By how you directed yourself to Puro, I can see your take on this. IMO, he didn't deserve that response just because he happened to take a stance and explain the situation in a more favorable light towards me. This is a public forum, and there are good members here making it worth it for me to stay. Your statement of "you know where the door is at" is unecessary. Is this how you treat people who dissagre with you? Just do away with them? Oh, well.

You have had your say in public Emo, and I have had mine. I am not playing any "poor poor person" part as you put it. I am simply saying to you, you can NOT impart your "Self Policing" attitude and in the same breath tell me to "Mind my own bussiness". It IS as much MY Bussiness as yours. If you care to debate that further, I will be happy to speak with you in PMs, this is certainly not the place for it. And I will do my best to overlook your shortcommings as you overlook mine.

Cohibin said:
emodx said:
Puro, I said something to Cohibin, and not to you. So please mind your own business. No one needs this pot to be stirred. No one called him anything too derogatory. Fake and trolling are not demeaning.  Cohibin, I didn't realize you were selling them at Yahoo exclusively. I was under the impression that you were selling them here. Regardless, this is our site, and if you don't like the way we handle things, you know where the door is at. I am very interested to see what our taste testers have to say, but you make your own bed, so don't be afraid to sleep in it.

Emo
Emo, perhaps they are not to you, but they are too me. I guess insults are a thing of cultural standards. Besides, they were said with the intent to insult and put down so that makes up for any differences.
If you are interested on reading what the testers had to say, go back to the beginning of this topic and read Tony B. and Matt's reports. There are decent people here making it worth staying.
By how you directed yourself to Puro, I can see your take on this. IMO, he didn't deserve that response just because he happened to take a stance and explain the situation in a more favorable light towards me. This is a public forum, and there are good members here making it worth it for me to stay. Your statement of "you know where the door is at" is unecessary. Is this how you treat people who dissagre with you? Just do away with them? Oh, well.
I don't care if you go or stay, but the way you handle yourself makes me question your motives. If you want to stay and contribute to this board, people will call you out on questionable things you say. I appologize if you don't like my straight forward personality. I would never be in a position to tell you to leave. I am way to outspoken to be a "moderator".

Emo

And in case you and others haven't noticed. I've been going out my friggin way to honestly determine in public if there are some identity/authenticity issues with my cigars. You think if I really wanted to scam or rip people off I would go through the trouble of sending my smokes, making the findings public, rationalizing the findings putting myself in contradiction and leting that affect how I portray my auctions which have nothing to do with this forum? Since when do you think I need anybody's approval here to sell something outside of this forum? It's been at all times my consious civic choice to do so, because I do not want to rip people off, not even unintentionally.

Status
Not open for further replies.