• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Coleman cooler

riche_guy

I was keeping my cigars in a plastic storage container and now that it is winter and dry in the house, I found the lid leaked a lot and my beads were always dry. I found A Coleman cooler that holds 25 quarts to be just the right size and the lid really seals well. At $25 I think it is a really good deal. You can see the cooler here:

http://www.colemancanada.ca/Catalog/COOLERS.Party_Stacker,3000000602.en.products

Well, 25 qt. capacity will only get you through your first few months on CigarPass . . . ;)

I like that it stacks, though. That'd come in handy!

~Boar

I'm not sure if it is the same size or not but Dick's Sporting Goods has those coolers on clearence for $19.99 right now. They even stack if you want more than one.

I did everything to get my coolidor ready, the bleach and the baking soda. I've had the baking soda in there for a week and can not get rid of the chlorine smell.

:(

Try rinsing it out with water a few more times then leave the lid open for a day or 2.

I did everything to get my coolidor ready, the bleach and the baking soda. I've had the baking soda in there for a week and can not get rid of the chlorine smell.

:(

If you can find a couple of days when the skies are clear, you should leave it out to get some sunlight. Sunlight seems almost magical in its ability to get rid of the plastic smell in the coolers.

^ Exactly what I was going to say. I only used dishwashing liquid, and a sponge with hot water, then rinsed with the hose.

Left in the sun to dry out for the rest of the day, then repeated the process the following day.

The third day it was good to go, good luck man!

-Jimmy

Nice pick up. I've been looking at a 110 qt. Coleman cooler they have in BJs...the temptation is hard to resist. I know if I cave, the cigar inventory is just going to grow by that much more. While that isn't a bad thing to me, my wife would say otherwise.

coolidors are definately the cheap way to go. Maybe get a small desktop humidor for posterity sake so you can keep your favorites close by.