• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Collectors? Or Obsessives?

hbooker

Cigar DJ
Well Do you?
I have become truly a collector. Who is completly hooked to the art of collecting.
First it was Coffee Cups and Tee shirts., then books, for a while there I swear I fealt like a squirell chasing shiny things - If I saw it and I liked it i got it.

By far My largest collection is Baseball Cards.
It started simply one day a customer walked into my office and pleaded for help, it seems a baseball card he had on Ebay was about to sell for like $6.00 and it was worth $250 fair market.
Well I decided ok I will help him out, and bid like 20 bucks and won the damn thing.( after $19,000 later I damn that card!) Well the realization that I made a decent deal (greed) started a run of Ebay ODO.
Every day several boxes would arrive, and we would search out the "great cards" this was at the peak of my online business's (great income streak) So costs had no meaning.

Now a couple of years later I find myself transfixing on cigars, of course cigars to me are a more rewarding persuit. I tend to enjoy them a bit more becasue you don't simply look at them.
I am not interested in the "collectible value" of smokes, they have a more relaxing value to me.

Anyway if anyone out there shares these types of things let me know.
Maybe I can share some of thes cards in a baseball type pass who knows?

Hbooker

For me my collecting started when i was about 12 with albums. I love music and still do!!! I now dont really play the albums anymore and they just sit there in the basement. Now Im onto CD's which in my opinion when playing you just lose something in the music compared to playing an album. You may not get any pops and scratches but you also lose some "body" to the music. Although a cd is very clear it doesnt seem to have the depth of an album..
Anyway I digress.

I also collected baseball and football cards for awhile and eventually got tired of moving thousands of them everytime I moved so I sold them off and made a tidy sum in the process. My Upper Deck Ken Griffey Jr's are abaout all thats left. I collected Beer steins for awhile and still do. I come across one every now and then that really jumps out at me and pick it up.
Now about cigars.. MAn Oh MAN Am I hooked!!! I got started on these and have never been so out of control!!!!! I cant say Im collecting them although I do have some decent cigars, but I am smoking the hell out of them. Sorry to say I have fell in love with the isoms and am now broke! Well, not really but my credit cards have seen better days!!! A couple of months ago I went nuts and had about 13 boxes come ion in as many days or less!!
This is also about my 1 yr anniversary for when I started smoking and in a years time Ive gone from 3 desk top humis. Then I added a cooler of about 60qrt size. Then I added another cooler 120qrt. Then I just modified a cabinet 4ft wide 2 feet deep and 7 feet tall. My wife actually prefers this in the living room instead of the coolers. It should hold about 300 boxes and it should take me at least another yr to fill it. Im about 1/3 of the way there now. Although I also havent counted in awhile.
I also had a decent collection of wine at one time but again I cant say that I was a collector as I drank most of it!!! I still have some very good bottles left that I save for special occasions. Thanks to Sammy I now have another incredible bottle to look forward to!!!

Anyway, thats my collectoin/obseession story..

Oh I now collect bills every month from the credit card places but I dont think that qualifies!!

I'm a record collector. Not just records but collectables. Example, I've got an Elvis 45, worth around $450-$500. Aslo, collect Meerschaum pipes and lighters.

:) It started of harmless enough first it was transformers, then it was G.I. Joes, in high scholl and early college it was girls!!!:p Needless to say I lost that collection :( HEHE
Now its wine and cigars. In a few months I'll be able to go back to the begining and start all over! LOL :thumbs:

For me this might be a little morbid to the rest of you but I like to collect information on airline/aviation accidents from the NTSB. I have a fascination with the whole idea of investigating why an airplane has crashed or had some type of mishap. I want to know what the crew was saying/doing thinking and reacting to the whole situation. I am a former flight attendant and I'm also a pilot so it kinda goes hand in hand....Sorry if I gross anyone out:thumbs:

Mine used to be baseball cards back in the 60's. They were unfortunately left in an attic MANY moons ago. If anyone finds em, they can probably buy a nice car with them. :0

Then it was bill collecting, now it's collecting bills :(