• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

College Basketball

CoventryCat86

Corresponding authority
Gee,

Has anybody noticed my UCONN Huskies are pre-season #1 ???

I'm probably more of a college football fan but since I only live about ten minutes from the UCONN campus here in Connecticut, it's hard not to get caught up in the excitement.

Check in often during the season to see who's hot and who's not.

Jim Calhoun going for #400 tonight against Yale in the pre-season NIT

GO HUSKIES!!!

My lowly Redmen (Red Storm as they are now called) are considered the 10th Best Team......in the Big East :(

Well Fast, there was a time in the not too distant past where St. John's had our number and everyone else's in the Big East for that matter. :D

Chris Mullins is a name that comes to my mind first :)
And I tell ya, I always loved Big Lou, what a GREAT coach!!

I even gotta admit, I was thrilled to death for Jimmy B and the Orangemen last year. He's another legend in the Big East and I'm glad to see he finally got the big one!!!

It's only a matter of time for the RedMen..........
(I will never get used to the Red Storm thing)

coventrycat86 said:
It's only a matter of time for the RedMen..........
(I will never get used to the Red Storm thing)
I start the Redman chant at every home game!!!!

Well, UCONN lost to freakin' Georgia Tech last week and only dropped to #4 which surprises me.

Kansas #1, Florida #2, Kentucky #3 then UCONN at #4.

WOW, I remember the dark ages of UCONN basketball when we'd play the 8-9 game on Wednesday night before the start of the Big East Tourney at MSG.

It's looking like a great year!!

Well, I can see it's going to be hard for me to get any of you interested in college basketball this year but my UCONN Huskies (presently #4 in the country) destroyed Army tonight. UCONN was up 19-0 before the Black Knights even got on the board.

Our big man Emeka Okafor had a triple-double tonight, only the 4th one in UCONN history, wooooooooooHO!! Watching this guy block shots is a lot of fun!!

Oh and Fast, it's going to be a long season for the Red Men, sorry bud :(

Go Huskies !!!

Wish they updated the polls a little more often considering these teams play 3x a week.

You know Bill, I really wish I liked Basketball better. I will be trying to keep an eye out on how your Huskies are doing though. I think I'll even go set them up as a team to track on my home page. :D

Once goaltending is legal and they play full contact it's going to be a great game!

Once goaltending is legal and they play full contact it's going to be a great game!

LMAO @ rknicker!!

Isn't it ridiculous? Who ever made up all those foul rules should have his head examined! And I say hey, if you can jump 14 feet in the air, who cares if the ball is on its way down?

oooo, OOOOO, I forgot, #1 Kansas LOST tonight to Stanford and #3 Kentucky barely got by UCLA so UCONN should move up to #3!!! (hmmmmm, Missouri & Oklahoma breathing down our necks, what conference are they from, anyone, Gibu?)

I picked Kansas to win the NCAA last year and came in FIRST in my office pool so the Jayhawks are kinda special to me (well sort of, not when they play the Cats!)

coventrycat86 said:
oooo, OOOOO, I forgot, #1 Kansas LOST tonight to Stanford and #3 Kentucky barely got by UCLA so UCONN should move up to #3!!! (hmmmmm, Missouri & Oklahoma breathing down our necks, what conference are they from, anyone, Gibu?)
Missouri and Oklahoma are both in the Big XII

Sorry Fast, I already knew that, Gibu and I had been discussing Big 12 in the footbal thread and I was just being a wise guy. :D

I gotta learn to use the emoicons better ;)

coventrycat86 said:

Sorry Fast, I already knew that, Gibu and I had been discussing Big 12 in the footbal thread and I was just being a wise guy. :D

I gotta learn to use the emoicons better ;)
Sorry :sneaky: just trying to help :p

Sorry, I was late getting here. :D

Yea, I think we have a winner, Big 12 It Is!!

I heard some guys around here knew how to play basketball also, but you couldn't prove it by me. :D

Number one team in the country (Florida, sorry gatorsmg), lost TWO games this week so Kentucky will move to #1 and UCONN will go to #2.

Kentucky has to play Indiana on 12/ 20, Louisville on 12/27 and North Carolina on 1/3. I don't think they'll win all three of those.

UCONN's next tough game is 1/11, Oklahoma in Storrs, CT and at North Carolina on 1/18.

#1 HERE WE COME!!

GO Huskies !!!

Love them Huskies. But they have to be good or the women will grab the headlines every time. I am in awe of how well Sue Bird played. And maybe Tarusi is better.

I went out of my way in Yahoo fantasy basketball to stock:
Cliff Robinson
Richard (Rip?) Hamilton
Donyell Marshall
Ray Allen (on IR till January)

I did not pick up Kevin Ollie, Donnie Marshall, Jake V, Caron Butler or Khalid El Amin. Where is Chris Smith?

coventrycat86 said:
St. John's fires Jarvis?

Way to go Red Men :(
Christmas came early in Jamacia, NY!!!! Now if we can only convince Louisville to give up Pitino!!!

Well, it's too bad, I always kinda liked Jarvis. I remember him doing such a great job with George Washington.

Oh yeah and Pitino has ALWAYS been one of my favorites. I loved him at Providence, then he went to the Celtics for BIG $$$. Then, to me he made an even BETTER move to Kentucky. I dunno why he ever left there
dunno.gif

I have no problem with Jarvis as a COACH. However in college you are only as good as the students you recruit, and that is where Jarvis fails. He did well at GW but GW and St. John's should be on different sides of the spectrum. St. John's should be one of the elite college basketball schools