• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

College Bowl Pick-em League YEAR 4

Alright, lets do 5 sticks.  Same rules apply as above.

WE NEED 4 more players at least!!!

COME ON everyone, this is a easy game and makes the long ass bowl season alot more fun.

Is this over yet?????????? :D :D :D :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

If this were a sprint, I would win - unfortunately, it is a marathon.  

Cookie's off to a great start!  It's been an interesting bowl season so far, anyone see the brawl today after the Memphis-BYU game?  A couple of crazy guys even took their helmets off.  Why would you take your helmet off in a fight??

South Alabama-Bowling Green was fun to watch too, Joey Jones (coach for South Alabama) got a broken nose, blood everywhere!  A referee got injured when a fan through something out of the stands and hit him in the leg.

Melly may remember Joey Jones from his days at the University of Alabama.  He played on special teams and returned punts.

StatHaldol said:
Cookie's off to a great start!  It's been an interesting bowl season so far, anyone see the brawl today after the Memphis-BYU game?  A couple of crazy guys even took their helmets off.  Why would you take your helmet off in a fight??

South Alabama-Bowling Green was fun to watch too, Joey Jones (coach for South Alabama) got a broken nose, blood everywhere!  A referee got injured when a fan through something out of the stands and hit him in the leg.

Melly may remember Joey Jones from his days at the University of Alabama.  He played on special teams and returned punts.

I was rooting, of course, for my Jags as I graduated from there well before they had a football team.  I ended up with 3/6 picks correct but I didn't put a lot of confidence points on this round of games.   Still fun though!! Everyone seems to love Joey Jones at South Alabama from those I have spoken to that go there now or just recently graduated.  I have got to go in and recheck my points and game picks.   I am tired of cookie showing me up ;-)                                                                                       

It seems there are a few pickers that don't realize you can rearrange the games and choose which bowls carry which point values. Paul and James are the two that stood out with all games on their picks in chronological order. I may be helping the opposition...but don't want you guys not even having a chance out of the gate...

Don't worry about me buddy I know you can change them I just have had no luck with that in the past so I said the hell with it and left them as is... That has obviously  hasn't worked either to this point... :laugh:

Damn LSU!! The only time they play lights out is against Alabama! I should have known better.

Well, I figured TCU would win, but I never expected an epic beat-down!

Sorry Mel, but I WILL NEVER pick Alabama again!! 

DO NOT forget to make your pick now for the championship game, AND the tie breaking score. 

ETA: I just saw this on Yahoo's page where you make your picks; When you make your pick selection between Oregon and Ohio State, the picks appear as "Oregon vs Ohio State"   BUT when you scroll to the bottom of the page and enter in your guess at the final score of the game for a tie breaker, if appears as "Ohio State ___ vs ___ Oregon"

So just be aware that these are backwards.

Well, going into the final game standings are;
1st - Cookie_1978    -  531 points & 532 possible
2nd - BSchmidt1981 -  446 points & 469 possible
3rd - BigJake            -  437 points & 458 possible
4th - Modo22           -   398 points & 437 possible
Dead last (see a trend here  :thumbs:  ) TallPaul with 312 points with 351 possible

Cookie has 1st place locked up!  Congrats!!  2nd place will be determined between Brian and Jake.....hopefully you two pick differently for next Monday. 

Unfortunately with only 8 players we are only paying out 1st and 2nd place this year.  Unless anyone has suggestions on how we pay out 3rd and have this make sense.  1st place will receive 20 sticks and keep their entry; 2nd place will receive 10 sticks and keep their entry. 

Thanks for playing again this year y'all.  And good luck to Brian and Jake...

I got lucky.   Addy is in profile.   Good luck to the teams battling for 2nd place. 

It's been fun again this year! I tried to catch up late in the season by choosing some underdogs, obviously it didn't work out. Congrats to the winners!

Shock! You mean all the teams I picked that should have won lost? :)  I guess I shall be quacking!

I figured Brian would pick Oregon so for strategy sake I went with The Buckeyes even though I feel Oregon is going to take it. Oregon already on the board when I posted this so let's see how it plays out...

BigJake6904 said:
I figured Brian would pick Oregon so for strategy sake I went with The Buckeyes even though I feel Oregon is going to take it. Oregon already on the board when I posted this so let's see how it plays out...

Good move!!