• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

College Football 9/27/08

StinkiMonki

Cimb in the back with your head in the clouds and
I'm too heart broken to put anything good together this week. But you can be damn sure I'm rooting for TCU and Bama!

:angry:

Stinki

and Ole Miss... :D

relax. - long way to go in the season...SC is still very much in it

Bama looking real good right now. Way to go Michigan! I'm rooting against everyone in the Top 12 or so until SC is ranked on Sunday. LOL

I think TCU is a long shot. I'm definitely going to be rooting for Texas (puke) and the OSU Cowboys when they play OU this year.

the SEC is soooo hard, I just cannot see anyone coming out of there with 0 losses.

Wow, USC only dropped to #9 in both AP and Coache's Poll. Georgia and Florida dropped all the way out of the top 10. It's a bit akward to see BYU and Texas Tech up there in the rankings. Good for them.

Wow, any one else think that the rankings are a little screwy? I mean a couple of these guys lost to unranked teams and didn't drop that many spots. Florida was a close game, but USC got rolled. Georgia loses to Bama (now #2) and drops 9 places.

Let me say that I know I am pulling for the home team and we didn't look impressive against USC, but how does Ohio State not move up one spot? Its another fracked up year, couple things fall into to place and the national media stops "hating" on the Buckeye's and we could see Ohio State sneak into a national championship game. At very least we might get to see how much of an impact Beanie Wells and Prior can make in a rematch in the Rose Bowl.

AP
1. Oklahoma (43) 4-0 1,599
2. Alabama (21) 5-0 1,565
3. LSU 4-0 1,466
4. Missouri (1) 4-0 1,453
5. Texas 4-0 1,362
6. Penn State 5-0 1,252
7. Texas Tech 4-0 1,105
8. Brigham Young 4-0 1,098
9. USC 2-1 1,087
10. South Florida 5-0 1,035
11. Georgia 4-1 1,018
12. Florida 3-1 914
13. Auburn 4-1 860
14. Ohio State 4-1 829
15. Utah 5-0 713
16. Kansas 3-1 650
17. Boise State 3-0 549
18. Wisconsin 3-1 520
19. Vanderbilt 4-0 459
20. Virginia Tech 4-1 290
21. Oklahoma State 4-0 277
22. Fresno State 3-1 232
23. Oregon 4-1 199
24. Connecticut 5-0 126
25. Wake Forest 3-1 107

Nothing I can say here except I think they have 1-2 and 3 right... :whistling:

Melly

Breedy, I don't think it's the points as much as it is the possessions. 1 pt is equal to 6 pts. Closer if a FG can win/tie. The only thing I can think of in regards to Georgia is that 14-7 victory against the Cocks. Take that 4th qtr fumble away from the Cocks and Georgia could very easily be sitting there with 2 losses. It's early though. I'm looking for OSU or Texas to take out OU. Texas Tech to knock out Texas. Hell OSU still has to get past Michigan. That could be ugly. They may have just turned a corner. Bama is the tough one. I have no idea what to expect from them. No way can TTech and BYU be here at the end. Same with Penn St. LSU? Who knows now. I did't think they would make it by Auburn. Irish will be in top 20 with 3 losses by end of season.

I agree. Add to that LSU had a close call early in the season and its wide open. Penn State is going to be tough as is Wisconson, despite loss to Michigan. As far as Michigan turning the corner....We see, I think in a couple of years they will have a good program, and I actually think that having more Big Ten teams run a spread style offense will help them in the long term against the SEC and PAC-10. I mean fundamentally the players themselves are all pretty much equal in speed (40 times and what not), but the speed of play from the SEC and PAC schools is something Big Ten schools don't see to much.

I just wanted to be the first to say "Don't be suprised to see Ohio State in the BCS mix" (if they win out), due in large part to the cannablism that will take effect once the Big 12 and SEC start heavily into intra-conference play. On top of that are the Conference championship games that the Big 12 and SEC choose to have and most of the top teams will have to end with at least one loss.

By the way, USC is a great team. I just think that Pete Carrol(l) doesn't do enough to get the team ready for the teams they should roll; Oregan State, Stanford, UCLA, Cal... I mean not to knock them, cause they kicked our asses, but it seems like every year everyone says they are the best team and then implode for one game and they start rolling again.

I think the November matchup between my inta-state rivals BYU and Utah will be a key game to watch as far as the BCS picture will play out. I do not see either team losing to anyone but each other from here on out. One of these teams will come out of the season undefeated. If it is BYU and convincing, with their current position (and if some of the other major conference teams get a loss), who knows? I love College ball, but feel the BCS system is BS. Not until they implement a playoff system, will the special agendas go away- where a team can win a championship without a doubt in anyone's mind...

Wasn't it 1984 when BYU won the national championship without playing anyone? It's deja vu all over again. Without a playoff system, it could happen again. But then those poor student athlete's would miss out on an extra week's worth of school. Can't have that. :sign:

LOL I love seeing Texas Tech above USC, Florida, and Ohio State. Wreck 'Em Tech!

USF falls to Pitt. Utah squeaks by Oregon State. Big weekend coming up, a Buckeye's win and things are starting to fall into place :whistling:

Bama gets by Kentucky by 3, Auburn Loses. Ohio State wins a close one against Wisconson, a game many predicted them to lose.......can you feel it. :thumbs: