• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Compass Box Eleuthera Vatted Malt

psyktek

Frugal Old Fart!
Warning: novice review ahead!! :0

From the label:
"Eleuthera is a beguilingly smoky blend of malt whiskies I make it by combining the stong, smoky complexity of island malt whiskies with the4 richness and drinkability of mainland malts. The result is a big, rich, delicious whisky for sharing with friend into the very late hours of the evening."

This is a rich, syrupy dram, with a lot sweetness in the nose and palate. Very pleasant to the nose, not as smoky as the lable would have you believe. Since it's not chill-filtered, it becomes hazy with just a bit of water or a single cube of ice and if anythin the syrupy nature becomes more pronounced. My old nose can't pick up a lot of notes, but this was a very pleasant drink. Medium to long finish, a little citrusy at the end.

750 ml, about $45, and obtained with the help of a true BOTL. :thumbs:

psyktek said:
750 ml, about $45, and obtained with the help of a true BOTL. :thumbs:
[snapback]168685[/snapback]​

I take it you didn't get it at the Utah State Liquor Store then huh Bob? :laugh:

Nice review :thumbs:

Nice to have another review, seems like you got a good price on that too. Any plans to check out Asyla or Hedonism?

AVB said:
Nice to have another review, seems like you got a good price on that too. Any plans to check out Asyla or Hedonism?
[snapback]168696[/snapback]​

I also got a bottle of the Asyla. Had a dram the other night, but will have to have another to refresh my memory before I do a review. As I recall it had a completely different profile, but still very nice.

And no Craig, I didn't pick these up locally. :laugh: :whistling: