• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Computer Geeks, I need help

Yes, still messing with this, I have 2 computers up now though and one isn't infected. I don't have the disks/cd's to crash it and re-install. Anyone know if that's possible without those cd's? At this point there's nothing on the hard drive that I can't replace. Itunes is messed up and needs to go on the other computer so that's a separate problem for my other thread ;)

First, do you have reason to suspect a virus? A mouse pointer jumping around is typically caused by dusk and gunk on the ball rollers inside the mouse. Turn it over, rotate the plate around the ball and drop it out. Look closely at the three rollers that the ball activates...are they gunked up or clogged with debris? Blow them out and make sure they're clean and put the ball back in.

Good hunting.

Trey

Oh yeah, Google "Security Tango" and follow the first link.

I had a similar issue, had to get "Super antispyware" it's called, freeware for the basic program, boot up in safe mode and run it, cleaned up up no probs. As to how to do that and trouble shooting...I would have no idea, I got a little lucky I think with how it worked.

Mike

Take the HDD out of computer one.
Take said HDD and attach it to computer two.
Make sure your BIOS is set to boot from the good HDD.

Run Spybot S&D/Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware on the bad HDD (update them fully first) from the install on the good HDD.

You can also try installing AVG free on the good HD, then putting in the bad one and scan that way as well. I just hate AVG free.

First, do you have reason to suspect a virus? A mouse pointer jumping around is typically caused by dusk and gunk on the ball rollers inside the mouse. Turn it over, rotate the plate around the ball and drop it out. Look closely at the three rollers that the ball activates...are they gunked up or clogged with debris? Blow them out and make sure they're clean and put the ball back in.

Good hunting.

Trey

Mouse jumping all over the plae it typical of 'dirty mouse ball/roller'. Hey and we all know there is nothing worse than dirty mouse balls..ahahahhaa..seriously check the mouse ball and the rollers. they gather all kinds of junk. If its a laser mouse make sure you on a decent surface and not just placing the mouse on the desk. Maybe its sensing some dirt or irregularities on the desktop.
If you still suspect virus/trojan, you might want to check out Hijack this and see what programs are taking you to places that you need not be. If you dont know what the programs mentioned in each line are goole them to see if they are spyware/trojan stuff. I love Malware Bytes. Great program to clean your system and then run the free AVG.
Make sure you install and then run the updates on each program. then go to safe mode and do the scans.

Art

Good hunting.

Trey

Mouse jumping all over the plae it typical of 'dirty mouse ball/roller'. Hey and we all know there is nothing worse than dirty mouse balls..ahahahhaa..seriously check the mouse ball and the rollers. they gather all kinds of junk. If its a laser mouse make sure you on a decent surface and not just placing the mouse on the desk. Maybe its sensing some dirt or irregularities on the desktop.
If you still suspect virus/trojan, you might want to check out Hijack this and see what programs are taking you to places that you need not be. If you dont know what the programs mentioned in each line are goole them to see if they are spyware/trojan stuff. I love Malware Bytes. Great program to clean your system and then run the free AVG.
Make sure you install and then run the updates on each program. then go to safe mode and do the scans.

Art

I'll check the mouse but I think there's more going on. I've spent about 4 hours total just deleting things that I didn't know what they were and their born date was the last few months. I figure if it's less than a year old the computer can probably do without it. At least the one I'm posting on now is working.