• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Computer Hardware - Where to buy

Seizure said:
I think building your computer is what makes it fun. It's like, yeah this is my system. I know exactly which parts are inside, they are all high quality components, and I know I got a great price for it. Plus, you can mod it.
[snapback]168351[/snapback]​

Sure. That's another matter -- if you enjoy building your own PC, than of course it makes sense to do so ;)

I built my own, bought it piece by piece and when I had all the parts, I put the thing together, formatted the drive, etc.

I did it because I wanted to learn how to do it. Plus, I'm a gamer and built it specifically for playing online.

It all depends on what you want to use it for I guess. If you want it for internet, stuff like that, you can buy a Dell or something. But if you're planning on upgrading or your power supply conks out on you after the warranty expires, you'll be in for a shock when you check out the replacement costs!!

Dells and such have limited upgradeability as well....

I have an AMD that will blow most P4's away as I got one that can be OC'd!

I read about it, bought and aplied what I'd learned! That's fun! ;)

Never forget that a purchased PC comes with something very important: support. I've built all the PC's in my house, but I'll be the first to admit that I enjoy fooling around with 'em. If you buy, say a Dell, you can call 1-800-I'm-stuck 24/7, forever, and someone will be there to help you out. That makes a bunch of difference for some, none at all for others.

If you are going to build, let's just say there are a few NewEgg boxes in the shop and the FedX guy knows where our house is....

Best Regards - B.B.S.