• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Consuegra cigars

theorangeman

Connie 9 is recommended often for those looking for a good value. I bought a bundle from J&R a few months ago and wasn't that impressed. I also bought a bundle of the #25's, and like them quite a bit more. I got the #9's in maduro and the #25's in natural. Perhaps that's part of the reason why i prefer the #25. Mabye I'll give the #9 another chance, but in natural, to see if I like it any better. I do like the size of the #9's because I typically smoke value smokes when I'm outside, often doing yard work or something. The larger smokes I tend to enjoy in my theater room and like better quality.

Since I only bought one bundle, I was wondering what people have found in regards to the consistency. I read somewhere a couple of people complaining about the lack of consistency. I haven't found that with the two bundles that I bought - wondering if anyone else has encountered any problems.

I was gifted a couple of Connie's from a fellow BOTL who then told me to let them sit for a while in the Humi. I found them to be quite enjoyable. Maybe that is what you have to do with them.

Consuegra's are seconds from the Villazon Factory. If you are looking for consistancy then that is not really the place to look. Basically the #9 is a second of and Punch/HDM Rothschlid I believe. The #25 is a second of FDA Prominente, BF/ULT/HDM/PUNCH Doub. Corona, EXCAL Banquet, PGC Monarcha. The thing is you dont know what you are going to get with them. Here is a link that references the numbers and what seconds they could be from.

Connie Reference Chart

Connies are good smokes but they are not going to be consistant as a premium or super premium.

bhaney said:
Consuegra's are seconds from the Villazon Factory. If you are looking for consistancy then that is not really the place to look. Basically the #9 is a second of and Punch/HDM Rothschlid I believe. The #25 is a second of FDA Prominente, BF/ULT/HDM/PUNCH Doub. Corona, EXCAL Banquet, PGC Monarcha. The thing is you dont know what you are going to get with them. Here is a link that references the numbers and what seconds they could be from.

Connie Reference Chart

Connies are good smokes but they are not going to be consistant as a premium or super premium.
[snapback]223353[/snapback]​

I second everything he said. :D

Do you guys think that my preference to the #25 over the #9 is more due to the fact that the #9 is a maduro and #25 is natural? The #9 is a little fuller bodied than the #25 and I'm not sure if that's more a product of the tobacco or the wrapper (or perhaps both). I would love to unload the #9 maduros that I have so I can try some #9 naturals - if they're anything like the #25's, I would be happy. The problem with the #25's is that I usually don't want that much of a smoke (except for when I'm sitting down for a long time - and in those instances - I want to enjoy a higher caliber smoke). Anyone have some #9 naturals that they would want to trade for some #9 maduros? I have about 18-19 #9 maduros and about 17-18 #25 naturals that have been in my humi for about 5 months now. They told me last night that they love to travel and wouldn't mind visiting someone else's home. ;)

I smoked one connie back around 1998. A good friend of mine was on a very limited budget and that was all he could afford. He gave me a maduro in the robusto size and I smoked it out of respect for him. I was very surpised at how good it was for a buck. If that is all you can afford then they are a very good value if you can find the sizes and wrapper that you enjoy.

I bought a bundle of the Robusto Maduro and it's a hit or miss on these. I'd say every 5 cigars, one is bad. You can't beat that. I am down to my last 3 cigars from that bundle. As Tommy stated above I think age will make them better too.

theorangeman said:
Do you guys think that my preference to the #25 over the #9 is more due to the fact that the #9 is a maduro and #25 is natural? The #9 is a little fuller bodied than the #25 and I'm not sure if that's more a product of the tobacco or the wrapper (or perhaps both). I would love to unload the #9 maduros that I have so I can try some #9 naturals - if they're anything like the #25's, I would be happy. The problem with the #25's is that I usually don't want that much of a smoke (except for when I'm sitting down for a long time - and in those instances - I want to enjoy a higher caliber smoke). Anyone have some #9 naturals that they would want to trade for some #9 maduros? I have about 18-19 #9 maduros and about 17-18 #25 naturals that have been in my humi for about 5 months now. They told me last night that they love to travel and wouldn't mind visiting someone else's home. ;)
[snapback]223383[/snapback]​

It could be a matter of natural over maduro preference but I would think it is more of a brand preference. The #25's could be a Punch second while the #9's you have could be a HDM second. What I would do is check out the chart that I linked you and try to find a shorter version of the #25 that closely resembles the brands that the 25's come from.

The thing to remember about connies is that one bundle of 25 could contain half Punch and half ERDM. So the next one you smoke might taste a little different even though it looks the same.

Brandon

theorangeman said:
Anyone have some #9 naturals that they would want to trade for some #9 maduros? I have about 18-19 #9 maduros and about 17-18 #25 naturals that have been in my humi for about 5 months now. They told me last night that they love to travel and wouldn't mind visiting someone else's home. ;)
[snapback]223383[/snapback]​

i have a bundle being sent right now in natural. Ill trade you, if ya like :D

I've never had one of these Connie cigars that I liked too much. I guess I'm just spoiled by all these ISOMs that I have! :laugh: :laugh:

Connie Reference Chart

The referencce chart is no longer available at the URL linked above..........does anyone have a current version of it?