• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Consuegra

Aussie Shaun

Just call me Grumps.
My order of connie #30 came the other day and the cello is really yellow, so I have a question, how long does it take for the cello to go piss yellow ?

Happens to some of my Padrons in less than a year.

I like the Connie 84s, but I understand they're not being made anymore at the same factory.

Will

Well I finally smoked my first Consuegra #30 Nat. and was really impressed with it considering it is a seconds cigar.

The stick was firm to the touch with only a few small veins, after cutting the pre-light draw was easy but not to easy as to make it to hot while smoking.
The smell was of light pepper and spice and that typical Nicaraguan tobacco scent.
After lighting and resting for a minute the fun begun, lots of white pepper tasting smoke that was very pleasant on the taste buds, there was a light leather and earth taste in the background.
Huge volumes of smoke were emitted with every puff and it never got hot or bitter,.
This so called " second " was so good that I smoked it down to the nub and burnt my fingers, and the enjoyment lasted for 90 minutes and had me wanting to light another straight after.
In conclusion, I was so impressed that I will be getting many more of these " cheap " cigars to put in my humidor and will be trying the other vitolas and wrapper types to see how they compare.
All in all a very good cigar for the price.

Thanks for the review Shaun.
If you get a chance try the Fuente #50 throwout. A few ugly wrappers but I really enjoy them.

If you get a chance try the Fuente #50 throwout. A few ugly wrappers but I really enjoy them.

Your right about that bro, I bought a bundle of #59's about 2 years back and they were a really good smoke for the price, everyone who had one thought that they were a pricey cigar until I told them how much I got them for.

Your right about that bro, I bought a bundle of #59's about 2 years back and they were a really good smoke for the price, everyone who had one thought that they were a pricey cigar until I told them how much I got them for.

Great stogies for buddies who don't smoke a lot or might chuck it halfway through...
Recently one of my buddies decided he wasn't enjoying an AF Anejo so he threw it. That hurt me. I'm currently rethinking our friendship :laugh:

At the risk of sounding NOBish, what is a Connie and what is up with the numbers? What is the fuerte?

I guess a lot of people have their favorite bundled or inexpensive 'go to' smoke, so here is one I like. I seldom speak of this label because so many folks here seem to be rather anti-Perdomo, but there are sites that carry bundles of Perdomo ESV Seconds and I have had very good luck with them. I think they ring in under $3/pc and in my opinion, smoke better than many other main line labels selling for 2 to 3 times as much. They are great for your buddy that doesn't smoke much or when you are just working around the house. I've enjoyed them for a long time now.
G~

At the risk of sounding NOBish, what is a Connie and what is up with the numbers? What is the fuerte?

You say your question is noobish but you have been a member of CP for a long time, I am not sure how to take this, but to answer the question, a connie is a Consuegra which is brand name of seconds from some of the better cigar makers such as Hoyo De Monterrey, Punch, Belinda, El Rey Del Mundo, Excalibur, etc. The numbers are sizes of the different vitolas. Fuente is what Acclaym said or Arturo Fuente. Fuerte means strong tobacco.

I managed to get my hands on the Honduran ones, I have some DR ones coming also so I will see if they taste is the same.