• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Contest! Know your BOTLs...

Gonz

Ultra Runner
Allright folks. Inspired by Cigardawg's recent contest which was a test of our cigar knowledge, this contest will be a test of how well you know your fellow BOTLs. This will be open to anyone who wishes to participate, but I hope it will taken seriously by some of the newer folks. The member who answers all questions correctly first, or who has the most correct answers when this contest ends will be the winner. The contest will officially end on 12/1/05, at 7:00 pm central time. And the following is a list of what the winner will be receiving (so any cigar snobs don't "waste" their time). I like to think this is a nice assortment of good cigars. Not super-premiums however far from rockets.

PLEASE NOTE: In order to ensure (or is it insure?) fairness to all, please pm me your answers. Do not place any answers in this thread, or you will be tarred and feathered. Or flogged with Swisher Sweets.

CAO Black, Onyx Reserve, TTT, Gurkha Barber Pole, K. Hansotia Ancient Warrior, Plasencia TKO, Rocky Patel Sun Grown, Carlos Torano 1916, some really tiny Montecristo, Flor de a. Allones, Camacho, and an AVO. There may be a couple additions, maybe a couple isoms, we'll see.

So on with the show!

1. Who has a Groucho Marx smilie in their signature?
2. As well as Fuente cigars, this member enjoys Origami as well.
3. Besides cigars, this member enjoys showing his restored XJ6.
4. When did MrJingles finally pass SamClemmons in post count?
5. Who coined the phrase, "More taping, less typing"
6. Tiara wearing OSU grad.
7. Name at least three members who were at the Monte Carlo Brewary on Nov. 3rd.
8. Who has been longing for a "Gurkha Black Diamond as something reasonable"?
9. Who does this belong to?
DSC00524.jpg

10. Who briefly had the member name, "Passthis".

Well, now that I look at these, they aren't that hard. Especially for those of you that have been around a while. Good luck, the first set of correct answers in my pm box wins! And if anyone notices any issues or discrepancies in my rules or format, please feel free to pm me with how I can make it better.

Nice contest Gonz. I happen to know all the answers and can be bribed by an Anejo or two :D

PM sent

let me know if you need correct spellings. if I knew it off the top of my head, I didn't look up the correct spelling of the handles. fingers crossed.........

Well folks, that went about as fast as just giving them away!

Congrats to bchem for a complete set of correct answers!

And a small consolation package will go out to KB, who had all but #1 correct. Ggiese has a smilie that undoubtably looks like Groucho in his sigtag.

Damn Groucho Marx question lol congrats Bchem! :thumbs:

Damn slow butt typing!

One day I'll learn more than the Hunt & Peck....

Here's the entire set of correct answers:

1. Ggiese
2. Moki
3. CC
4. 11/6 8:35 am est
5. MMM
6. Bfreebern
7. MattR, Matty Vegas, AlexGTP, Atuck and Cohibasurfer were all in attendance that night.
8. AVB
9. Atuck
10. Rod

Damn slow butt typing!

One day I'll learn more than the Hunt & Peck....But I still missed 2

:) I just needed two more names (OSU grad and when MrJingles pass SamClemmons.). Anyway Congrats Bchem!

FREAKIN' AWESOME!!!!! I never win anything! This is great! I guess getting chewed out by my boss for screwing around on the net (aka poking around CP) has finally paid off! I never expected to know enough to participate (let alone win!) a contest here. I'm so excited!!! I may have only had 1 cigar off of that list, and have been wondering about pretty much all of the others! Can't wait to try some great smokes.

Thanks for the contest. Great idea Gonz! :D :D :D :D

Jeez, herfed, bombed and won all in a week's time. Good going!

I had trouble with AVB for #8. I thought it was him, but couldn't confirm. Damn!!

AVB said:
Jeez, herfed, bombed and won all in a week's time. Good going!
[snapback]254168[/snapback]​

I KNOW! It's like Christmas for me this week! Think I'll make it to VH1's "Best Week Ever" countdown?!

My cigar stash was starting to run dangerously low, but thanks to the generosity of some of the guys on this board, I won't have to ration smokes as I have been recently. I think I'll try to come up with a contest of my own in the coming weeks....hmmm....have to inventory what I have, and think of a good way to do it....PM me with any ideas, hopefully something should materialize before the new year.

This board rocks!

Thanks again for the contest. Kinda scary that I got all but 3 without looking them up! Have a good Thanksgiving everyone! :D

All you had to do was look at my sig. ;)

Shibumi said:
I had trouble with AVB for #8. I thought it was him, but couldn't confirm. Damn!!
[snapback]254184[/snapback]​

I had a hell of a time figuring out who had the Groucho Marks pic in his sigtag... :sign:

Great contest, gonz :thumbs: Congrats, Bchem!!!

This may be completely pathetic but, I actually had to google Groucho Marks to figure out what the hell he looked like. haha.

To make it even funnier, since the first time I saw ggiese around the boards, I was thinking to myself, "who in the hell would have a picture of their ugly mug taken professionally with a cigar in their hand just to put it in their avatar?!"

I had heard the name, but didn't know what he looked like or what he was famous for (maybe i'm too young? i don't know) so I just thought that was george's portrait! Man, do I feel better now, my respect level for george has gone WAY up now that I know that it isn't HIM posing in that picture! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Do you want to reconsider letting me win after I admitted to that level of stupidity?! :blush: :D

Oh MAN, that was TOO EASY!!!!

Fantastic idea for a contest!!! :thumbs:

Here's a tougher one:

Who's also a "Flying Pig"?