• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Contest - Show me the info!

jgohlke

My other hobby
Reaction score
---------------------Edits start-------------------

Contestants/Score
AVB 29 <<=== THE BIG WINNER!
CgarDan 16
CigarPenguin 12

Contest rules changed so "No answer" is not counted - neither right nor wrong.

---------------------Edits end-------------------

I enjoyed following AVB's contest from yesterday and was amazed at how quickly many of you were able to run down the answers to some fairly obscure questions. AVB even mentioned that he "pre-Googled" some of the questions to make sure the answer wasn't easily found. Still the internet is a formidable research tool in the hands of skilled and seasoned professional...or in the case of you guys, a bunch of cigar-smoking lazy a$$es who somehow manage to spend hours surfing the web when you are supposed to be working! :laugh: Still, it's scary!

So....I have recently had my personal information compromised (3 times this year)...Once by my company (stolen laptop from car), once by Office Max (server hacked with debit transactions) and once by the VA (stolen latop). This combined with the fact that I've personnally have made a lot of my information publically available over time....not all at once and not all in the same place though....makes me pretty vulnerable to identity theft. Just how vulnerable I wonder. I aim to find out.

Here's the contest...find out what you can about me. I'm curious to see how much info is out there and what can be learned with a little digging. Winner gets some really nice sticks from me (package of cigars worth at least $100).

Almost all of this info is out there somewhere (I'm not telling where, but cigars isn't my only hobby). A lot of it is public record. I added a few questions that require some digging, but are at least "inferable" from other statements I've made. 1 or 2 may require guessing or seeing me naked (ha, ha, ha...that's worth the $100 in cigars right there!).

For scoring purposes, here's a list of questions and point system:

1 Point for each correct answer
-1 for no answer or an incorrect answer.
Questions marked as Bonus are worth 1 point, no penalty for incorrect/no answer.

1. Full Name
2. Description:
a. Hair color
b. Eye color
c. height
d. weight
e. race
3. Address
4. Home Phone Number
5. Current home:
a. Date of purchase
b. Purchase price
6. Previous home:
a. Date of purchase
b. Purchase price
7. Date of Birth
8. Place of Birth
9. Mother’s Name (bonus: Mother’s maiden name)
10. Father’s Name
11. Mother still alive? Y|N (Bonus: If No, Date of Death.)
12. Father still alive? Y|N (Bonus: If No, Date of Death.)
13. Names of Brothers?
14. Names of Sisters?
15. Wife’s name (bonus:Wife’s maiden name).
16. Marriage date
17. Children:
a. Names
b. ages
c. sexes
18. Current Vehicle
a. Make
b. Model
c. Year
c. Color
19. Hobbies (name 3)
a. cigars (Freebie! 1 point)
b.
c.
20. Employer
21. Current Job Title
22. Professional Certifications
23. Pets? How many, what kind, names.
24. I have 2 titanium screws in me. Where?
25. Which of these things do I find most annoying:
A. Crying baby
B. Self-checkout registers
C. Nextel phone users
D. Inattentive drivers
26. I was president of a corporation once, what was the company’s name?
27. I sued a corporation once, what was that company’s name? (bonus points for settlement details, what did I sue for, who won, how much, etc)
28. Military Service
a. branch
b. job (MOS)
c. rank at discharge
d. years of active duty
e. year discharged
29. How many people have I killed?
30. Which scares me most:
A. Snakes
B. Spiders
C. Sharks
D. Clowns
31. Tattoos. How many? (bonus for What and Where?)
32. Worst scar – where? (bonus for how/why)
33. Right or left handed? (bonus for knowing what I do with my non-dominant hand…..Yeah, other than that!)
34. Voter Registration (pick one)
A. Republican
B. Democrat
C. Independent
D. NPA (no party affiliation)
E. Not registered to vote

Bonus round, 5 points each(only if PM’d to me, negative 5 points each for posting them here):
Cell Phone Number
SSN
DL #
Bank Name
Car License plate number.

Big Bonus question.
Blow me away with some fact about me that will make me wonder “How the f*** did they find that out?”…1-10 points.

edited to slightly modify contest rules, add contestant list and scores.

Whoa.... :0

That's a hell of a challenge, Joe! Good luck to all of you bastids crazy enough to take this on! :laugh:

well with these type of questions the service boys have a large advantage. I'm sure a decent amount of that can be found online but it would probably take a lot of phone calls and sleuthing that way too. Basically get there address off whitepages.com figure out there age and you’ve got the first 5 digits of there ssn and go from there.

:0 Don’t know if I would really want someone to look for this information…it might be kind of scary what you can actually find out.
Good Luck!

Wow, I am usually really good at internet hunts, but these questions are going to be really hard with the limited resources I have. Thanks for the contest.

Are the Outlaw guys out of this contest since I can pull up your credit card info? Just kidding! Crazy contest Joe. I thought I was nuts(yes,I know, just 'Balls)with WAR! Good luck guys!

You don't really want me to post your SSN do you?

This is an excellent idea and as you say, scary!

I have received thousands of spam emails selling a program to find all sorts of stuff but this is personal right down to the bone.

The person who finds this information needs to start an online business "We find anything" - Person, speak to me, I may be interested in financing such a venture :laugh:

Brian

smokelaw1 - the NSA knows all about me. They would be a good resource.

smokeyB - I think that would be cheating... :laugh:

AVB - Notice that "posting" my SSN gets you -5 points, but it's worth 5 points in a PM.

HapaLee - Yeah we've met, but have you seen me naked? :laugh: :laugh:

AVB - Notice that "posting" my SSN gets you -5 points, but it's worth 5 points in a PM.

:0 How many points is that worth? :laugh:

:0 How many points is that worth? :laugh:

Not enough... :whistling:

:sign:

I can't figure out how your property tax is less then mine since I'm out in the sticks and your home is valued higher. Hurricane discount I guess.

I have received several PM's....it's already pretty scary! I can't wait to see the full responses!

AVB - It's Florida! Low property taxes, low sales tax (6-7%) and NO state income tax!

Wow, I have been searching on and off all day and have only come up with about 8 answers. This is MUCH harder than AVBs contest :laugh: .

No answers yet huh....I'm surprised.

Time for some hints maybe?

Recently, I stumbled my way through some web-speak
Not really knowing what I was going to find
I'm not much of a HTML geek
But I code well enough to get myself out of a bind.

Although this site was not my own
my family story it mostly tells.
1000 words is their worth at loan
of these particular URLs.

While some on the internet may disguise
my lack of imagination has been the same
on every site where I've met some guys
who enjoy the hobbies I won't name.

Who owns the data that describes a man?
The state? The stores? Mr. Gohlke?
Let's think about this, we must! We can!
Now back to the hunt, in search of the key!

I found quite a bit....but more searching is in order and a little more resourcefulness is needed.
hobbies--check
vehicle and color.........wifes vehicle---check
injuries-check
where screws are-check
wifes name age-check
sons name and age-check
last five address',one out of state possibly-check
phone number and address-check
color hair-check
you have a favorite recliner-check
disco was prom theme-check
You like rock-check
Job title-check
you shop at compusa-check
you hate windows-check

I am still digging

edit;
fathers name-check
wife's sister's name and age-check

I'll leave it to you folks, I've found a few that Penguin hasn't listed but to post them would take away his fun. Good Luck everyone and especially you "Carl"

Ok, AVB has the first submission. His score: 29 points. He had a few pieces of data that surprised me.

I explained to him that since I started this contest partly to see what's out there (I figured I would learn about some new web sites and get a glimpse of what it's like to investigate someone)...while much of my life (and everybody elses) is public record, it's not that easy to get to...I'm going to amend the contest rules so "no answer" is neither right or wrong. Find what you can. This doesn't need to be a 2 week contest. It was just for fun.

I'm going to edit the first post (change the rules) and also add the contestants and their scores so it will be easy to reference.

Cheers,
Joe