• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Contest time...

The Green Monkey

Brap-brap
I've got less than 12 pages left in the cigar journal that I've been keeping since I began smoking cigars. It's been a very useful tool for me as I started out on this little journey, helping me to chart my likes and dislikes, spot patterns and inconsistencies in my tastes, and generally hone my palate, though I'm ashamed to admit I have yet to achieve the level of Granola Guru. I'd definitely recommend all newcomers to the hobby to keep a journal.

It's got all the bands taped in, along with some combination of vitola, source, price, duration, location, company, food/drink accompaniments, and some impressions of each stick. As you know, some cigars have multiple enormous bands while others don't have any at all. Some of my "reviews" are a word or two, some are long ramblings. I am generally a miser for space, squeezing whenever possible--which bring me to the contest.

Whoever guesses the date (or closest to it without going over--The Price Is Right style) of what ends up being the last cigar to fit in my first volume will win a nice fiver.

As a tiebreaker, guess the total number of entries in the journal. Of the tied entries, the closest to the total without going over will win. If that remains a tie, the member with the longest tenure here will win.

Finally, for the chance at adding a super awesome bonus mega prize to the winner's fiver, guess any entry number you want and give the marca and vitola corresponding to that entry. I don't know yet what it will be, but it will have its own a coffin. ***Some restrictions apply--see below.

Your entry should consist of the date for the last entry, the total number of entries, and for the super awesome bonus mega prize, a number with a marca and vitola. Here's an example:

December 21, 2012
#5 was a Grape White Owl

To help with guesses, I'm willing to provide two clues before entries begin.

I will answer the first (and only the first) question posted in this thread no matter what it is (I'm looking at you, Tone-NY...).

I will also provide a photograph of the journal according to the first request for some sort of picture. ***Because I have numbered a handful of my entries, if the requested photograph happens to include an entry with a number, nothing contained in the picture will be an eligible guess for the super awesome bonus mega prize.

While I wouldn't disqualify anyone who decides to make their entry prior to the two clues being provided, it is obviously optimal strategy to withhold your entry until the clues have been posted. Entry will close exactly one week after I've posted both clues.

Usual requirements apply--3 months membership, 30 posts, non-asshat (currently and until contest ends), one entry per person, and any edits will disqualify the entry.

Great idea for a contest Green Monkey. This one should be fun!

I could not wait any more so I think that what I outlined below should give everyone as much detail as possible in a single photo.

For the picture: Lay your journal open like a book. If your most recent entry falls on the right side page, then open the journal flat so that both it and the previous page are visible. Set it down face up and take an overhead picture showing both pages in their entirety. Make sure it is focused enough so that we can read the notes, numbers, and make out the cigar bands in enough detail to identify them.

If the most recent entry falls on the left side page, go one page back and perform the same outlined above.

Great idea for a contest Green Monkey. This one should be fun!

You seem to be the only one that thinks so--perhaps a "One dollar, Bob!" sort of guess will be all that it takes for you to win...

Here's the picture.

WEAM002.jpg

I'm gonna say

Feb 23 2010
864 entries
Entry #237 is an El Triunfador Lancero

Alright Mr Monkey.

Feb 26th
432 entries in all
Just for fun (and hopefully you are anal about that stuff :whistling: ) the Anejo Shark as #77

Also I just noticed, does it say "Jeff was handicapped" with the 1932?

Based on Einstein's theory of relativity (E=mc2); I'm relatively sure I have no idea :laugh: , but must admit the concept and sportsmanship is outstanding.

WTG sir.

It does.

I smoked that cigar with my friend Oliver (CP member OEH) and our friend Jeff at Tobacco Road, the bar we stop at for a few beers during our Saturday night downtown Miami parking garage and bridge bombing skateboarding sessions. Jeff has chronic back and joint issues, and he was laid out on a bench moaning, groaning, and whining for us to hurry up and finish smoking so we could leave. I put my cigar down about 5 minutes sooner than I otherwise would have in order to appease him, but shortly before that it had briefly grown mildly funky anyway.

It does.

I smoked that cigar with my friend Oliver (CP member OEH) and our friend Jeff at Tobacco Road, the bar we stop at for a few beers during our Saturday night downtown Miami parking garage and bridge bombing skateboarding sessions. Jeff has chronic back and joint issues, and he was laid out on a bench moaning, groaning, and whining for us to hurry up and finish smoking so we could leave. I put my cigar down about 5 minutes sooner than I otherwise would have in order to appease him, but shortly before that it had briefly grown mildly funky anyway.

That is HILARIOUS. Not the fact that your buddy has chronic aches (I can relate) but the fact that you noted it in the journal. I mean anything can have an impact on smoking experience right?

That is a great idea on the journal! I wish I started that when I started smoking. I can't remember what I smoked yesterday :)

Very cool; thanks for the contest. Here is my guess

March 18th, 2010
22 Tatuaje Regios

Jan.1st
1 cigar
#1125 Fuente Fuente Opus X xXx Power Ranger
Bob

March 8th 2010
833 entries
Entry #2 is a Padron 6000 Maduro

Umm...

March 10th, 2010
#100 - Opus Petite Lancero

Thanks for the contest and that's a nice book to have around as a reference. :thumbs:

-John

Nice one, Steve. I am going with the Ides of March with 711 entries. As far as what the final cigar will be: Bolivar Gold Medal....

Keep up the good work!!!

Feb 28th 2010
360 Total entries
#31 Anejo #49

Great contest...Thanks