• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Contest

cpprhead59

We are the music makers...we are the dreamers of d
Ok, I have been here for a bit and this place has taken cigars in my life to a silly level. I wanted to give back and contribute to this board and have a little contest. This is a very very cool place and there have been a few contests I was lucky enough to win and received some smokes I never would have tried without them. So hopefully I will be able to gift some sticks to someone who has not tried a lot of variety or wants to try something new.

The winner will get a nice selection of different sticks I have tried and liked. As for the exact number of sticks involved, I do not know but it will be more than a fiver for sure.

Here are the eligibility rule / parameters:

You must have been a new member here before 9/1/08 and also joined after 12/31/07.

Now, you didn't think I would make it super easy on you guys did you? Since I am a crazy Notre Dame fan and it is college football season, this is sports related.

All questions/picks MUST be in by 3:35 PM EST TOMORROW

You must answer the following questions, one guess per member:

1.) How many concensus national titles has Notre Dame won in football?

2.) How many Heisman Trophy winners has ND had and who were they?

3.) Pick the winner of the ND vs. Purdue game tommorrow.

Tiebreaker - what will be the total number of points scored in tomorrow's game?

The winner will be one who answered the three questions correctly and also guessed closest to the total number of points scored without going over.

Good Luck - I will announce the winner tomorrow after the game, approximately 630-7 PM EST.

Ok, I have been here for a bit and this place has taken cigars in my life to a silly level. I wanted to give back and contribute to this board and have a little contest. This is a very very cool place and there have been a few contests I was lucky enough to win and received some smokes I never would have tried without them. So hopefully I will be able to gift some sticks to someone who has not tried a lot of variety or wants to try something new.

The winner will get a nice selection of different sticks I have tried and liked. As for the exact number of sticks involved, I do not know but it will be more than a fiver for sure.

Here are the eligibility rule / parameters:

You must have been a new member here before 9/1/08 and also joined after 12/31/07.

Now, you didn't think I would make it super easy on you guys did you? Since I am a crazy Notre Dame fan and it is college football season, this is sports related.

All questions/picks MUST be in by 3:35 PM EST TOMORROW

1.) How many concensus national titles has Notre Dame won in football? 11

2.) How many Heisman Trophy winners has ND had and who were they? 7-
3.) Pick the winner of the ND vs. Purdue game tommorrow. ND

Tiebreaker - what will be the total number of points scored in tomorrow's game? 24 (or 14-10)

The winner will be one who answered the three questions correctly and also guessed closest to the total number of points scored without going over.

Good Luck - I will announce the winner tomorrow after the game, approximately 630-7 PM EST.

Thanks!

1. 13- consensus however only 11 claimed because 1938 and 1953 no National champion was "declared"

2. 7- Angelo Bertellil; John Lujack; Leon Hart; John Lattner; Paul Hornung; John Huarte; Tim Brown

3. ND

4. 31 (24-7)

1.) How many concensus national titles has Notre Dame won in football? 11

2.) How many Heisman Trophy winners has ND had and who were they? 7
Angelo Bertelli - 1943
Johnny Lujack - 1947
Leon Hart - 1949
Johnny Lattner - 1953
Paul Hornung - 1956
John Huarte - 1964
Tim Brown - 1987

3.) Pick the winner of the ND vs. Purdue game tommorrow.

Tiebreaker - what will be the total number of points scored in tomorrow's game? Purdue

40, 23-17 Purdue

edited because the names didn't paste in the first time I posted.

1. 11 Concensus National Titles

2. 7 - Angelo Bertellil, John Lujack, Leon Hart, John Lattner, Paul Hornung, John Huarte, and Tim Brown

3. ND, of course!

4. 21 (14-7)

13 Concensus National Titles

Heisman trophy winners
1) 1943 - Angelo Bertelli
2) 1947 - John Lujack
3) 1949 - Leon Hart
4) 1953 - John Lattner
5) 1956 - Paul Hornung
6) 1964 - John Huarte
7) 1987 - Tim Brown

Purdue will win

24-21 Final score sorry-45 Pts

Thanks for the contest

1. 11

2. 7... Angelo Bertelli - 1943.... Johnny Lujack - 1947.....Leon Hart - 1949....Johnny Lattner - 1953....Paul Hornung - 1956.....John Huarte - 1964.....Tim Brown - 1987

3.Perdue

37 points

Thanks for the newbie contest!

2. 7

3. Purdue

4. 41

Thanks
Rich

2. 7 - Angelo Bertellil,
John Lujack,
Leon Hart,
John Lattner,
Paul Hornung,
John Huarte,
Tim Brown

3. ND

4. 27

Thank you for the contest.

1. 11
2. 7- Angelo Bertellil; John Lujack; Leon Hart; John Lattner; Paul Hornung; John Huarte; Tim Brown
3. ND
4. 46 (28-18)

Go Irish!

1. 11 Consensus National Titles

2. Seven -
Angelo Bertellil
John Lujack
Leon Hart
John Lattner
Paul Hornung
John Huarte
Tim Brown

3. ND, of course!

4. 42 (22-20) ND win

1. 11 Consensus National Titles

2. Seven -
Angelo Bertellil
John Lujack
Leon Hart
John Lattner
Paul Hornung
John Huarte
Tim Brown

3. IRISH

4. 43

11 Consensus National Titles

Heisman trophy winners
2) 1947 - John Lujack
3) 1949 - Leon Hart
4) 1953 - John Lattner
5) 1956 - Paul Hornung
6) 1964 - John Huarte
7) 1987 - Tim Brown

Purdue will win

35-24 Final score sorry-59 Pts

Thanks for the contest

11 consensus titles

7 Heisman winners
2) 1947 - John Lujack
3) 1949 - Leon Hart
4) 1953 - John Lattner
5) 1956 - Paul Hornung
6) 1964 - John Huarte
7) 1987 - Tim Brown

Purdue wins

31-24 55 points

nice contest - thanks

1: 11 consensus national titles (1924-29-30-43-46-47-49-66-73-77-88)

2: * Angelo Bertelli - 1943
* Johnny Lujack - 1947
* Leon Hart - 1949
* Johnny Lattner - 1953
* Paul Hornung - 1956
* John Huarte - 1964
* Tim Brown - 1987

3: Purdon't

4: 48

Thanks!!!

1. 12
2. 7 (Brown, Huarte, Hornung, Lattner, Hart, Lujack, Bertelli)
3. Purdue
4. 44

Thanks for the contest

Ok good win for ND today.

Here are the answers to the questions:

1.) 11
2.) 7, - Bertelli, Lujack, Hart, Lattner Hornug, Huarte, Brown
3.) ND - wins today

Total Score was 59.

Now - Here is what I am going to do.

Under the rules I gave, of being a member prior to 9/1/08 and after 12/31/07 (basically this was a newb contest but I was not clear enough I guess) - the winner would be Petthefish, he joined 8/12/08 which was before 9/1/08 and after 12/31/07, he got all 3 questions right and was the closest without going over by picking 42 points. Congrats Petthefish!!!

Since there were a few selections from those who did not join CP in the window of time I noted, I will be holding a second drawing for guys who put in and made there selections but were either before or after the "window" I noted.

Why - b/c its my contest, ND won and I'm happy today!!! Smokes all around!!

That winner is Satchmo - who got all 3 questions right and was the closest without going over by picking 46 points.

Satchmo and Petthefish - please PM to let me know that your addys are still good and also that the type of sticks your into is current that I saw in your profiles.

Thanks guys for playing.

Go Irish!!

Terry

Freaking Awesome thanks all my info is currint and I am not picky when it comes to cigars but I do love CAO!! lol rp
snoopy_happy_dance.jpg