• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

contribution from japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

sack

'From man's sweat and God's love, beer came to be.
we should tell 'em to put it where the sun don't shine! :angry2:

sack said:
[snapback]222364[/snapback]​
Maybe we can rescind the Marshall Plan and leave them as screwed as they were 60 years ago...we built them into what they are today...

I haven't heard about this. Do you have a link or details on what this is about?

I don't think anyone should be ungrateful for any amount of help that is donated; nor do I think it should be expected.

Let's face it, the donations have all been symbolic (with the exception of the $500,000,000 in oil from Kuwait, that's useful). It's a reasonable expectation that the USA should be able to take care of our own... that we haven't done a very good job at that thus far is another matter entirely.

moki said:
I don't think anyone should be ungrateful for any amount of help that is donated; nor do I think it should be expected.

Let's face it, the donations have all been symbolic (with the exception of the $500,000,000 in oil from Kuwait, that's useful). It's a reasonable expectation that the USA should be able to take care of our own... that we haven't done a very good job at that thus far is another matter entirely.
[snapback]222380[/snapback]​

I agree with you on that one.

And not to be mean, but shouldn't we just stop this topic before it goes any further. seems a tad bit political.... ;)

I don't mean to be a dick, but I think this is the sorta thing Rod doesn't want coming in here; since it is of a political nature.

Don't hang me but just a thought.

KayakinBoy said:
moki said:

Let's face it, the donations have all been symbolic (with the exception of the $500,000,000 in oil from Kuwait, that's useful).  It's a reasonable expectation that the USA should be able to take care of our own... that we haven't done a very good job at that thus far is another matter entirely.

And not to be mean, but shouldn't we just stop this topic before it goes any further. seems a tad bit political.... ;)
[snapback]222381[/snapback]​

Maybe this could be a test, to see how we handle it?

KayakinBoy said:
moki said:

Let's face it, the donations have all been symbolic (with the exception of the $500,000,000 in oil from Kuwait, that's useful).  It's a reasonable expectation that the USA should be able to take care of our own... that we haven't done a very good job at that thus far is another matter entirely.

[snapback]222381[/snapback]​
I would tend to agree, however, they are an extremely wealthy country, and made even moreso because of our efforts in helping them rebuild after WW2 and all the help we've given them since...and I'm not being ungrateful...just commenting on Sack's comment...and since it's felt we should be grateful for any amount of help that is donated I must mention that I certainly hope we don't do something stupid like turning down the help from Cuba...this could be a good way to the start of a path back to normalizing our relations with them...at least then something decent might come out of this mess...and yes, this certainly reeks of politics...must tread carefully...:(

Neuromancer said:
Maybe we can rescind the Marshall Plan and leave them as screwed as they were 60 years ago...we built them into what they are today...
[snapback]222370[/snapback]​

You mean re-built...If you are too proud to accept aid in the face of a national crisis you need a head examination.

moki said:

No brainer...why look a gift horse in the mouth?

Neuromancer said:
I must mention that I certainly hope we don't do something stupid like turning down the help from Cuba...this could be a good way to the start of a path back to normalizing our relations with them...at least then something decent might come out of this mess...and yes, this certainly reeks of politics...must tread carefully...:(
[snapback]222392[/snapback]​

Castro and Chavez are quickly becoming best friends and powerfull enemies against the US. The only support we would like from them is cheap oil, but that won't happen.

Ian Hannah

sack said:
There's something wrong here. Why criticize someone for helping. Does it matter that you feel that they can afford more? The point is, they've made the gesture of helping us. We did not ask, they gave freely.

Just as an example, let's say I happen to lose (God forbid) a good portion of my cigars due to beetle infestation and a friend, without me asking, sends me 5 cigars to help out. Now, in the past, I helped this friend start his collection of ISOMS to the point that he now has over 1000 sticks and I've gifted him many more than the 5 he's just sent me. Could he afford to send me more? Sure. Now then, how would all the members on this board treat me if I came out and posted how ungrateful and what a lowlife this friend is because all he sent me were a measly 5 sticks? You'd all crucify my. Do I have a right to complain about his donation? NO! Should I be grateful? Hell yeah!

Strayvector said:
sack said:
There's something wrong here. Why criticize someone for helping. Does it matter that you feel that they can afford more? The point is, they've made the gesture of helping us. We did not ask, they gave freely.

Just as an example, let's say I happen to lose (God forbid) a good portion of my cigars due to beetle infestation and a friend, without me asking, sends me 5 cigars to help out. Now, in the past, I helped this friend start his collection of ISOMS to the point that he now has over 1000 sticks and I've gifted him many more than the 5 he's just sent me. Could he afford to send me more? Sure. Now then, how would all the members on this board treat me if I came out and posted how ungrateful and what a lowlife this friend is because all he sent me were a measly 5 sticks? You'd all crucify my. Do I have a right to complain about his donation? NO! Should I be grateful? Hell yeah!
[snapback]222397[/snapback]​

That's F***ed up! Who is this "freind"? They surely should have sent you some more sticks! :whistling:

ok, just kidding.

And Neuro has a good point about Cuba. I don't know if they've offered, but this surely would go into the "Good things they've done" category!

tobaccoleaf1 said:
Neuromancer said:
[snapback]222370[/snapback]​

You mean re-built...If you are too proud to accept aid in the face of a national crisis you need a head examination.

moki said:

No brainer...why look a gift horse in the mouth?

Neuromancer said:
I must mention that I certainly hope we don't do something stupid like turning down the help from Cuba...this could be a good way to the start of a path back to normalizing our relations with them...at least then something decent might come out of this mess...and yes, this certainly reeks of politics...must tread carefully...:(
[snapback]222392[/snapback]​

Castro and Chavez are quickly becoming best friends and powerfull enemies against the US. The only support we would like from them is cheap oil, but that won't happen.

Ian Hannah
[snapback]222396[/snapback]​
Okay...we rebuilt them...and I didn't say we should turn down their help...I just made a side comment about it...and as far as enemies, sometimes if you play things right they end up becoming friends...i.e., Japan, the PRC, Russia...et cetera...who knows, before ya know it North Korea and Iran are gonna be our buddies too...;)...hmmm...hey Sack...you're getting me in trouble here...:D

moki said:

Moki, I know a lot of people have quoted you, but you are 100% right.

they have offered like 100 doctors and some thousand dollars in medicine etc

the point here is this: they arent doing it to help US but help THEMSELVES rather . . . you have to understand how <<<Politics>> works, everyone and their grandma is out to destroy the U.S. one way or another(ok, not everyone but a lot of countries) granted, some of these places are NOT giving with a hidden agenda but some of these ARE interested in later on down the road being able to say "oh, well we helped you out, now you owe us" and slowly trying to crumble us in any way . . . bombs, debts owed . . you name it.

and of course, castro over there trying to get into the U.N. by playing mr nice guy at his f*ckbuddy's advice(why cant this guy do stuff on his own . . . che,chavez . . .) to play nice in order to be considered.

ok . . enough politics people lol

especially if Rod already said he doesn't want this stuff in here. . . sorry if i broke that rule but i claim ignorance of a newb

Status
Not open for further replies.