• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

cooled humidor progress pics

Saschagast

haven't posted in a while, here a few pics and a link to show my humidor progress.

the cabinet is cooled and has an accumonitor to control humidity and temp.

all the walls have 1.5" of insulation, plywood construction and zebra wood veneer that I cut.
the inside is spanish cedar.
still lots of work to do, building a face frame and doors from cherry, building 2 drawers for single cigars and shelves.
the cabinet will store about 100 boxes and maybe 500 singles, maybe more.
I'll tell ya when it's all filled up.
98014928.jpg

98014922.jpg

98014929.jpg

98014930.jpg

and here a link to all the pics, thanx guys

http://www.pbase.com/saschagast/humidor_construction

Great looking project...!! That should keep your smokes in great shape for years to come..... :thumbs:

....don't wires suck? If I was building a cabinet that beautiful, I'd consider hiding the wires in something like this to keep things neat and tidy inside.

Best Regards - B.B.S.

Great looking project...!! That should keep your smokes in great shape for years to come..... :thumbs:

....don't wires suck? If I was building a cabinet that beautiful, I'd consider hiding the wires in something like this to keep things neat and tidy inside.

Best Regards - B.B.S.

thanx for the link, I was thinking about that, but I think I'll actually use spanish cedar to hide everything, I might just make my own SC channels and hide everything since I am planning on milling some trim anyway.

WOW! Those pictures are great and the cabinet looks beautiful. My woodworking skills are nowhere near yours at the moment but I can appreciate all of the work that you've put into that cabinet.

:cool:

Very nice!

I'd hide the wires by putting a lot of boxes in front of them!

:thumbs:

Does Avallo offer the cooling units? It appears so, but the web site doesn't mention them seperately.

I don't think they usually sell it, but since I am a woodworker(hobby), they made an exception

truly a great system, can't wait to have it running

Stupid question - are you sure you have the pelts pointing the right way...?? They look < exactly > like the pelt modules I have on my Statebell and I know for sure the terminal blocks stick out the back side of the cabinet...!!!

Stupid question - are you sure you have the pelts pointing the right way...?? They look < exactly > like the pelt modules I have on my Statebell and I know for sure the terminal blocks stick out the back side of the cabinet...!!!

yup, 100% sure, already tried it, works like a charm..

actually I would be surprised if you could wire them the other way around.
in my case, the smaller side is for cooling

Nice looking project! When I have a shop again, I cannot wait to start something like this.

Very nice indeed! Great work!

While I know what a hammer and nails look like, that's about as far as my handy work goes. :laugh:

I keep hinting to my dad that since he's retired, he could build me such a cabinet. Although he agrees that he could, his passion and time is in other projects around his new home. I'm just hoping that in time I can wear him down! ;)

REALLY GOOD WORK!!! This looks very awesome. I plan to eventually do something like that when I can justify it!

Looks great! I'm not doubting your word, but are you sure it's going to hold that many boxes? 100 boxes and 500 singles are going to take up a lot of space.

I hope it does and I hope it works great for you. :) You have some talent for wood work. :thumbs:

Looks great! I'm not doubting your word, but are you sure it's going to hold that many boxes? 100 boxes and 500 singles are going to take up a lot of space.

I hope it does and I hope it works great for you. :) You have some talent for wood work. :thumbs:

oh yes it will, not that I already tried.

but I am still far from owning 100 boxes :whistling:

oh yes it will, not that I already tried.

but I am still far from owning 100 boxes :whistling:
It won't be long if you keep hanging around here! :laugh: I used to think I'd never have more than 50 cigars or so on hand. Since I found CP, I have about 10 years worth of cigars on hand. ???

That cabinet really is a beauty!