• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Coolerdor Advise

Seamus

Minister of Closing Matters
OK, I've been meaning to get around to my end table project all summer but it hasn't happened and I will be busy for the next few months so I have to find a home for 5-6 boxes until then. Currentlt they are being stored in a friends cabinette but I no longer want to be a burden. Can someone recommend a good cooler that will hold 5-10 boxes and is inexpensive. Can I just go down to Walmart and pick one out? Are all cooler suitable for this purpose.

Thanks

All coolers are pretty much the same. Look for size, and check the seal on the lid. You want a good seal, but also need to remember to open it every now and then to circulate the air as they don't "breathe" like wood will.

What are you going to use for humidification? Beads? Foam?

I got a 160qt like I told you at the den for 58 bucks at sam's club. The thing is huge but it lives in the basement. I couldn't be happier for the money. Gives me tons of storage space and stays consisten RH with the beads (summer) and the Cigar Oasis Plus in the winter.

Speaking from someone that was there- go big!

A few things to look for- the ribbing iside for shelving (some are smooth-sided inside, others are not), a good seal, the right price and the size you need to grow into. I got a 100qt cooler and now wish I had started with the monster- a 153qt at Costco. If you have a costco or sams club nearby, check them out. The coolers are going fast as they are more a sumer item. Othe rplaces like Walmart, Sports Authority or the like will also have a good selection.

Also, look into the Beads for humidification- the best thing going IMO.

If you want shelves, you have options of metal (closet shelving at home depot) or wood- I even put one of the small circular touch lights in mine like you see on TV!

Also look at the Coolidor Link in this forum- pinned at the top. It's full of good ideas and help.

Yea, I got mine at Sam's club in East Brunswick. If you need me to pick you up one I can.

I happened to have some cedar planks laying around so they made a shelf for me. I have a upper and lower portion. I have one tray and the rest is boxes. I use old boxes for singles.

I will be using beads. I don't have alot of room so I want something small but I will need to store 5-10 boxes. As stated, I will be using this for only a few months. Will a pound of beads be enough for a small cooler?

Thanks for all the info.

Tom, thanks for the offer I'll let you know.

1lb will be more than enough. That's what I have in mine and it works great.

Get like a 50qt that should hold 5-10 I think. Check the circulars, there should be sales since its the end of summer.

Back