• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Corn Cob Pipes

edng

Hi ....... I'm a little shy to say this but up to now I'm smoking with a single pipe.

I've read a little bit about corn cob pipes and general opinion is that they're good smokers overall

Searching around more, its a shock to see corn cob pipes come in so many different sizes and styles.

Corn Cob pipes are not available where I am. How are they sold? Singles? 6-packs etc etc?

Which are the better brands of corn cob pipes that I should get for smoking?

Will need a kind brother to trade corn cob pipes for cigars with when the time comes

Also one last question...... how does one maintain a corn cob pipe? Or is it a smoke and throwaway kind of thing with corn cob pipes ?

Thanks...... if there are any begginer FAQs with regards to these pipes , I thank you in advance too.

You can buy them as singles or in multi-packs. Missouri Meerschaum is considered to be among the best if not the best. You can pick them up as singles at Frenchy's or a number of other online retailers. (Frenchy seems to be low on supply right now. I think Mars Cigars has a decent selection and prices.) Try to get one with a hardwood bottom for extra durability and prolonged use.

They require cleaning just as any other pipe or they will become "throw away." If you take care of them and they can (and usually will) last a good long time. I usually run a cleaner or two through the stem and wipe the bowl with a paper towel shortly after smoking (the same thing I do to all of my pipes). After several bowls, they get a more thorough cleaning (shank brush, bristle cleaners, and alcohol). I haven't had to ream one yet, but you can if you're gentle.

you can't go wrong with buying a missouri meerschaum pipe.

i would suggest starting with a missouri pride, it will smoke
the coolest since it is totally natural---after you throw out the filter.

with a little care, cleaning and a rest between smokes, a cob can last
a very long time. for the price of 1 briar you can buy several cobs.

thanks I dont mind giving corn cob pipes from Missouri Meerschaum a try

I would rather trade for these , if anyone is keen on providing 6 of these in return for smokes please message me.

Much obliged .

ed

thanks I dont mind giving corn cob pipes from Missouri Meerschaum a try

I would rather trade for these , if anyone is keen on providing 6 of these in return for smokes please message me.

Much obliged .

ed

PM sent.

I smoke cobs quite a bit. They are great when at work, fishing or any other activity in which you may risk breaking a high dollar briar. If I drop and break a cob, I am only out a couple bucks.

They smoke well and if kept clean, will last a very long time.