• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Corndog pipe

LilBastage

Meat is murder! Tasty, tasty murder.
I promised some guys while in KC that I'd post a picture or two of my bulldog corn cob pipe and I finally got around to taking them.
IMG_0721.jpg

IMG_0722.jpg

IMG_0723.jpg

As of now, this one is unsmoked. The last one I had was a great smoker, so I hope this one is the same. These were made by Missouri Meerschaum, but are no longer in production. They were discontinued in 2000. :(

If you painted black stripes on the stem it would be a beedog pipe!

That's pretty sweet Alan. I guess I wasn't aware that there was anything outside the $.99 cob pipes out there. But now that I get to thinking about it, MacArthur had a pretty extravagant cob pipe if memory serves correctly. Thanks for sharing bud.

Man.. I just didn't know what I was going to see when I clicked this thread!

I really like that one Alan.

Very cool Alan. The bowl almost looks like the Great Dane Egg. When ya gonna smoke it?

MM doesn't realize how much $$ they can make if they just got creative. Maybe a calabash cob???

Very cool Alan. The bowl almost looks like the Great Dane Egg. When ya gonna smoke it?

MM doesn't realize how much $ they can make if they just got creative. Maybe a calabash cob???

The bowls are pretty similar.

I imagine the cost to produce these just got too high given it's hard to get many to pay much for cobs. The square shank probably adds a wrinkle to the production line that isn't there when all the others pretty much use the same shank. Same with the stem I'd imagine.

I'd love to see a really nice cob churchwarden. Maybe I'll buy a bunch of regular production cobs and tear a few apart to make one.

The Great Dane and the Diplomat are both fitted with hardwood bottoms, so they're pretty durable. The Country Gentleman and the American are bigger bowls but without the hardwood bottoms.

Some prefer the natural cob of the Pride, though, for its "breatheability". They're all good starter pipes and all will last a good while if you take care of them.