• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Coronas Gordas and Robusto . . . you pick

dulaney22

Banned
Been reading this board non-stop and want to get a premium box of coronas and robustos.

I have narrowed it down to the following:

Coronas:

46 mags
Punch Punch
SLR A's
Hoyo E1

Robusto:

RASS
Partagas D4

What I wonder and haven't been able to find is which of these are considered the most consistent at this time? I've read a bunch of posts about the Punch Punch not being what they were and the same about the D4. I'm new to this and have no idea, but I would like to stick a couple boxes away for a year or 2 and figured you guys would know better than me which ones may be the better stogies now.

If it matters, I like the NC Punch, Partagas and Hoyo lines.

My fava are the Punch Punch amd the PSD 4, but of course taste is subjective. I like the classics :).

Jim

1 of each.

If I had to choose it would be PSD4 and Mag 46

Brian

I second that notion Greg....Bolivar! :p

Real men smoke Churchills!

What would you recommend?

I was joking. Kinda.

H Upmann Sir Winston Churchill - my favorite

Then
Hoyo de Monterrey Churchill
Punch Churchill
Saint Luis Rey Churchill
Bolivar Gigante

Double Coronas are amazing as well. My favorites so far are the Punch and Hoyo DC's and the Partagas Lusitanias.

Edited to add Partagas Lusitanias.

For the Robustos, I'd take the RASS overall. To me, the pros of the PSD4 is that it smokes better fresh. The RASS ages really well and even after a year or two you can tell a big difference. Also my one problem with PSD4 is their consistency. In my last box, some were extremely flavorful, others were blah. Either way, both are great sticks and are a staple for robusto lovers

SLR A's and either robusto

Bolivar!! :D
I used to be on the Bolivar wagon as well, but they disappoint me more often than not now. In fairness to the marca, I think it is likely 'cause I expect more out of them than of most other marcas.

Had a Mag46 tubo tonight that I felt needed more rest. An excellent smoke nonetheless.

1 of each.

If I had to choose it would be PSD4 and Mag 46

Brian

SNAP !!

No, you've got it wrong. You smoke cigars, not snap them.

D4s are a bit inconsistent, but the good ones are worth the hassle. Punch Punch seem to have gotten milder, while the 46 is still a good box to buy.

Hmm... So get a box of D4s and a box of 46, I agree.