• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Could this be modified to work with a coolidor?

It COULD work....for temperature at least. Thing is, most refridgerators actually reduce interior humidity and could really be a royal pain in the rump to keep humidity up in something like that.

Now, if you kept all your smokes in humidity controlled tupperdors, then put them inside something like that, it would probably work fairly well but would limit space.

It may cause some problems if you put tupperdors in the fridge and kept it on. Refrigeration systems keep humidity about half of the humidity in which you're trying to keep your cigars. Condensation in your tupperdors could become a problem. I build refrigerated warhouses and am assuming these small refrigerators have similar properties, so I could be wrong. On the other hand, this would make a nice frigador if you turned it off, but that doesn't eliminate your temperature problem.

Well it does sound like its temperature can be widely varied...so i think if you set it at 65-70 degrees that condensation wouldnt be that much of an issue...the colder you go, it might be a problem. ???

Yeah i was thinking of setting at 67 or something and throwing in a humidifer, that way they get warmed in the winter, cooled in the summer.

Interesting possibility, if an electronic humidifier was installed, and the temp set at 60-68 degrees, this could be a set it and forget it solution. :thumbs:

BTW in stock and cheaper here.

Anyone going to give it a try?

thermo electric will not pull the humidity down. Totally different cooling device than a regular frig. If this is indeed thermo electric it should work fine for cooling if a humidity source is added.

I'd be more concerned with the size and durability.

Allofus123 said:
thermo electric will not pull the humidity down. Totally different cooling device than a regular frig. If this is indeed thermo electric it should work fine for cooling if a humidity source is added.

I'd be more concerned with the size and durability.
[snapback]219230[/snapback]​

Allofus,

Would a mini fridge be thermo electric versus what a regular fridge is?

I would imagine you would need to check the specs. I have a mini fridge that I use on the back porch for cooling refreshments but it does not use a thermo electric device.

The mini fridge in the link that BrewMiester posted above says that it's thermo electric. The fridge that kro77 linked doesn't say if it is or not.

Long discustion on Cigar Faimly about wine coolers and solutions to the humidity problems. I'm too lazy to go look it up to post a link, just do a search for wine coolers. At the price some of the 30 and 50 bottle units are being sold at Sam's Club and other retailers this would be my choice.

I couldn't find that wine cooler article you were talking about. I did post an explanation of refrigeration in a new topic and why it pulls humidity out of the air. I didn't notice the first one was thermoelectric. I'm just going on the principles of how it works, but I wouldn't think it would pull too much humidity out of the air...

Edit: I have never seen a thermoelectric cooler before. Most of them probably use standard refrigeration.