• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Counterfeit Cuban Stick?

ckeller52

"All the Twitters. I know them."
So I was at a friends place in Ontario and he shows me a cigar that his friends mother brought back from a trip to the ISOM. (No ISOM's were brought back this trip! :))
when I saw it the construction of it bothered me immediately it did not have the same finish of any other Cuban I've ever seen. I laid it out with some other known good sticks from trusted vendors and took some pictures. Take a look and let me know which one you think it is.
Pictures here No prizes will be awarded no samples will be sent. :p

I wonder if it will taste like rolled gutter trash when smoked. Only one way to find out. I'd rather try this than a WOG.

On that 2 pic Cohiba, the left's writing is off. The text seems abit thick but then again, what do I know. Thought I would take a stab. :)

Oh my lord. That stick on the left looks scary. Even I would not be brave enough to smoke that.

Wilkey

Maybe Cuban, but not Habano.

A Newbie putting in his .02 that is about as bad as the stuff I see in Tijuana :0 . The label is over glued, the font is to bold and the size and leaf is just not quite right. Damn Pirates! :angry:

On that 2 pic Cohiba, the left's writing is off. The text seems abit thick but then again, what do I know. Thought I would take a stab. :)

Yup, that's the suspect. It smells like it came from the island it just looks all wrong. The label is close but not there either. The others he has are from trusted vendors and look nothing like this one.

And if Wilkey won't smoke it I'll have to warn my friend. Based on what Wilkey smokes it might mean certain death. :p

I don't doubt it came from the island but it don't look kosher at all.

Thanks for playing, sorry we have no lovely parting gifts. Hope you enjoyed the show. :D

I think it looked like a rolled up turd.

That Opus X is definately not cuban! Good catch! :whistling:

A freind of mine who thinks he knows alot about cigars asked me the other day if my Opus and Hemingways were the Cuban or Dominican ones!!! Because he had a box of Cuban Hemingways that he got on a cruise recently!

A freind of mine who thinks he knows alot about cigars

It's funny, I knew that I didn't know anything about cigars when I first came to CP. But I was amazed at how little I actually knew. Compare it to an iceberg, i knew 1/4 of what what was just on top of the water. Quite an education here at The University of Cigar Pass. :thumbs:

You had me at "friends mother brought back from a trip to [Cuba]"

A freind of mine who thinks he knows alot about cigars asked me the other day if my Opus and Hemingways were the Cuban or Dominican ones!!! Because he had a box of Cuban Hemingways that he got on a cruise recently!

:laugh:
thanks man... I appreciate that.... You made my day... :D
I wish I could talk to your friend "afficionado"
:laugh: