• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

COVID-19 vaccine, you getting it?

In a shocking turn of evens, my MIL got her first shot today.

Why would it be shocking for your MIL to get the vaccine?
Did she previously state in no uncertain terms that she would not get the vaccine?
If that was the case, then I could see how that may be shocking.

Ted Nugent stated he would not get the COVID vaccine but I guess maybe he is having seconds thoughts?
Years ago I used to go to Ted's shows, have seen him live many times but ole Ted sure is a complete dumb ass. 🤣

“I have never been so sick in all my life,” Nugent said. 😂
What a dumb ass.

Or........don't open it?:)

Patient: Doctor, every time I go like this, it hurts!

Doctor: Ummmm....don't go like that!

Sorry brother, I just had to.:)
this use to irritate me whenever the doc told me that, the doc and my dad would laugh and laugh... Now I tell my patients this daily.....oh, what a dad mentality I have matured into

my Pfizer dose #2 was about 1 1/2 hours ago :) and nothing has fallen off yet & I haven't turned green o_O

I was hoping they would be giving out cigars for the occasion but all I got was some lousy sticker :(

guess I will have to supply my own cigar later today to commemorate getting my chip set 🤣

I was doing a bit of research on a particular monoclonal antibody (Rituximab) originally developed to destroy malignant B cells, and I ran across the below linked article that has some very interesting information concerning the early development of mRNA vaccines.
COVID vaccines are mRNA based technology.
If you scan about 1/4 way through the article there is a section 'The genesis of mRNA as platform for mAb production.'
In this section it states, "In March 2017 the first peer-reviewed publication showing the feasibility of using mRNA for passive vaccination ......."
Amazing technologies.

Got my second dose in early February since I live in an assisted living facility for veterans, so we were at the top of the list to get the vaccine.

Had no issues, except for feeling like I had a mild cold for a day after the second injection.

Unfortunately, now the delta variant has hit Wyoming and we have had 2 confirmed cases here already so back to twice weekly testing here.

The majority of the veteran's here are 65 and older, and have lots of medical problems to begin with, so hopefully it doesn't become a full on outbreak like we had with covid around Christmas when 45 of 75 residents had it.

Miraculously, only 2 deaths from it though.