• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

COVID 19

Olddoggy2

Live everyday like your last.
I keep hearing COVID effects smell and tast, and was just wondering if any of you have had COVID and lost you sense of smell or taste and how it effects your smoking ?
Stupid question but was just curious.

I've had things other than coronavirus screw up my taste buds and/or sense of smell. Completely ruins a cigar or bowl of pipe tobacco.

At that point you're just seeking a nic buzz, so may as well go get a pinch of snuff.

I've had things other than coronavirus screw up my taste buds and/or sense of smell. Completely ruins a cigar or bowl of pipe tobacco.

At that point you're just seeking a nic buzz, so may as well go get a pinch of snuff.
Roger that Sir.
I hope you get back in the grove soon.

Scap is right. With covid it depends on how much of your smell/taste you lose. If you lose most/all of it, you won’t taste anything. You will be able to feel the film in your mouth as you smoke it but taste nothing, even with retrohale, nothing. Even that evening and tomorrow where you may have some residual tobacco taste even after brushing, nothing.

Not a dumb question at all.

I keep hearing COVID effects smell and tast, and was just wondering if any of you have had COVID and lost you sense of smell or taste and how it effects your smoking ?
Stupid question but was just curious.

I know someone up on the Iron Range that tested positive in late Novemeber.
She had cold symptoms, and she lost her sense of smell for a bout three days.

I know someone up on the Iron Range that tested positive in late Novemeber.
She had cold symptoms, and she lost her sense of smell for a bout three days.
My mom and dad both tested positive for Covid in November. My dad never lost his smell or taste but my mom lost it for about 45 days.
Had another coworker contract covid, super healthy guy in his early 30’s who mountain climbs, runs etc. he lost his taste and smell for almost 2 months. Said the only thing he could basically eat was fried chicken and fast food, somehow the salt still managed to make things appetizing for him. My mom said she had a similar reaction as well.

Yeah. My ‘friend’ that tested positive and lost taste/smell still had remnants of both. He could tell you the beverage had something orange, or something sour like lemon in it but not what it was. Or salt was in it. He even put hand soap in his mouth, it was salty but otherwise had no taste. Peppers had no taste, but, of course, he could tell it had heat and start salivating.

Yeah. My ‘friend’ that tested positive and lost taste/smell still had remnants of both. He could tell you the beverage had something orange, or something sour like lemon in it but not what it was. Or salt was in it. He even put hand soap in his mouth, it was salty but otherwise had no taste. Peppers had no taste, but, of course, he could tell it had heat and start salivating.

Pretty similar to my personal experience, smell and taste were really muted. Congestion cleared up after day two, would move plenty of air but almost zero sense of smell.

I completely lost smell for about 3 days, but could taste fine the whole time . Couldn't catch my breath long enough to light a cigar during that time so no idea how it would have tasted.

3 weeks post covid I tried a cigar. The smell and taste was absolutely awful. Its been 3 weeks since then and while that awful smell/taste is gone my cigars are still nowhere close to the taste they should be. Hoping this isn't permanent...

Covid note: at 77 and having just gone through serious medical shit, I was against getting the shot. I don't like a five month miracle. Had my quarterly doctor meeting today. I trust him like I trust you brothers, he is as asking CigSid about ISOM's good. When I asked the bullet question he said get the shot. Hope I didn't infringe on this thread.

It really doesn't have to be covid-19 for you to lose your sense of taste and smell most of what you think you taste is actually smell and if your nose is stuffed up you don't smell much of anything