• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cowabunga!

jgohlke

My other hobby
Surfin', redneck style!
standard.jpg

standard.jpg

A neighbor several doors down had a good sized oak tree taken down. They left these logs piled in his front yard and were supposed to come take them away. We asked him if we could have a couple for firewood and they said "Sure, take all you want.". They were so heavy, my wife and I couldn't move them by hand...we couldn't even roll them. So I drilled a hole in one hend and screwed in a lag bolt. We hooked them up to the truck with some chain. No problem! About half way home, I noticed the bottom of the log was getting pretty flat, so instead of jogging along next to it (I didn't want it sliding into a parked car or some kid on a bike), I sat on it. It seemed pretty stable, so I stood up. When we got home, my wife said "I don't think that is a good idea." and my 21-year old daughter asked me if she should "just call 911 right now"....It was a good day though, the asphalt didn't bite me once!

The weather held and I managed to "catch a few more logs" before the day was out.

Nice! That sounds like something I would do. Get any strange looks?

wait, firewood in Florida? I thought Florida was warm enough that you didn't need a fireplace.

Now that's funny! :laugh:

Errr, actually no, that's dangerous, no pads, helmet... ???

Brian

Those pictures are priceless. It's gonna be tough, explaining you got road rash from log surfing. :D

Did you light up a 'gar while you "surfed"? :D

Yes!

Add a cigar and a fith of nice whiskey to those pictures and you would be my king forever.

It is good to have fun.