• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CP 2015 13 Run Pool Full

Sorry Larry, my sticks go out today.

For those that have played these before, how quickly does it take for a team to win this?  What number of runs is usually the hardest to get?

Well everyone has at least one square filled in.  HAHA

Found this.....

13 Run Baseball Pool Stats
On average, it takes 50 games to crown a 13 run pool winner. You can think of the results of a 13 run pool as mostly random. Generally, higher scoring teams perform better, but you also need the team to be shutout at least once. Take a look at the statistics we gathered for both runs and team performance in a baseball 13 run pool. You can also see results for a specific date on our create a 13 pool page.

Frequency of runs scored
Not surprisingly, scoring exactly 13 runs occurs most infrequently. Most people think you just want a team that scores a lot of runs, which is mostly true, but having a zero run game is somewhat infrequent, too. The chart below shows the distribution of runs across all teams.

Well 6 teams got their goose egg out of the way, Opening Day yesterday.

Got an 11 banger last night.  Nice to get those double digit ones hittin' early!

Cards lost yesterday................ there goes the perfect season. :laugh:

Who ever got the Oakland A's I'm thinking you've got a pretty good chance! Go A's!!!

:)

My Dodgers are one spot behind some jerk off with SD. :p

Just had to say it.

Just out of curiousity, what happens if your team scores 14 runs?  Nothing I guess?  Man that would suck.

oke&coke said:
My Dodgers are one spot behind some jerk off with SD. :p

Just had to say it.

It was a surprise to me as well, LOL.
Brickhouse said:
Just out of curiousity, what happens if your team scores 14 runs?  Nothing I guess?  Man that would suck.

You get 13 and 1 runs....................

Brickhouse said:

You get a hearty handshake and a pat on the back.  :D

PS I see someone already posted up a 12 in addition to a smattering of other double digit scores.

Well, San Diego already has more than 50% of the scores required....7.   And Cincinnati has a very narrow distribution of 5 times scoring 5 runs and 1 10 run game so they have only posted up 2 of the required boxes filled.  Week 1 has Brandon leading with the Pads, he is the Masterbatter. :laugh:

golfgar said:
Well, San Diego already has more than 50% of the scores required....7.   And Cincinnati has a very narrow distribution of 5 times scoring 5 runs and 1 10 run game so they have only posted up 2 of the required boxes filled.  Week 1 has Brandon leading with the Pads, he is the Masterbatter. :laugh:
Actually it's the Rockies with only two scores but Cincinnati is not that much ahead. At least they are consistent.

golfgar said:
Pretty fitting name, I think.

Naturally the Royals are knocking off all of the higher scores just like everyone thought they would. Wait. ...what?

The numbers are half way through and it's a tight race. One 7 & one 8 with a boat load of 4, 5 and 6. Curious to see how long it plays out, June, July?