• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CP Chatters Pass

Checked DC #, It says delivery was attempted 2 days ago, I suppose there is a signature required, so I will go to the PO this AM and retrieve the package.

Well, I've been tracking the package for some 6 hours now. It has been a ball of fun...yeah right. First when I went to PO this morning, first thing when they opened up. Since I did not have the little pink card they usually leave, I went armed with a driver's license and the D&C number. There was a huge line and only 1 lone postal employee manning the office. And she had an attitude. I stated my purpose and she immediately launched into the tirade about not having the pink slip from the mail carrier.

After the tirade was over she then walked to the back and I think took a coffee break. Then when she reappeared she asked if, since I had looked up the D&C # on the internet, whether it was sent registered. At that point I was holy schmidt what's going on here. I said I thought it was sent by priority with a signature required. Again she disappeared into the back room. By this time the rest of the 15 people in the PO were about ready to lynch ME, not her, if you can imagine that.

Well she came back out with her "boss" who's first words were.....you guessed it....We have a small problem. It seems the little pink slip was delivered to house on Lockett Ln. as opposed to Lockett Rd. Now I am in panick mode. The guy's name there was L. Newman. Of course since we have moved not too long ago the "boss" said it was an easy mistake to make and they would retrieve the package and have it redelivered. I was beside myself with anger and said I would try and contact this guy today if that was ok with them. We had short "go round" and I left with the understanding they would correct the whole thing.

Of course I would not leave well enough alone and went to find L. Newman. When cigars are involved I know no limitations. So, furious with the whole situation I went to his house, only to find out from his mom he had left for the "Lodge". The "Lodge" is a nice commuity center with an indoor and outdoor pool, gym etc.

It seems L. Newman was there, had the package and opened it up by pool. I suppose he is not a cigar smoker, because after he opened it up he abandonded the package on one of the tables around the pool. One of the lifeguards found the package sitting there, investigated the contents and removed it from the table. This guy, John Phillips, was not a cigar smoker either. According to him he looked for some name on the box, but it had been ripped off in the process of opening the package.

So in his infinite wisdom he decided that he would give the cigars to his grandfather who he knew was a regular smoker of cigars. So apparently he phoned his grandfather, "Big Mike" Phillips who happened to be on his way to go fishing on the Big Piney river today and was passing the "Lodge" about the time he received the call on his cell. So "Big Mike" grabbed the package from his grandson and left for Ozarks on the fishing trip.

I immediately got the cell # of "Big Mike". I couldn't have missed him by more than about 1/2 hour, and I knew it takes about 1 and 1/2 hours to get to the Big Piney from here, so my chances of catching "Big Mike" were very good. He answered the phone and I explained the situation, which was now clearly out of control and the panic in my voice must have been clear. He said he understood, but again there was a small problem, "Big Mike" was driving a converitble and as he was going down Highway 44....have you guys had enough yet?? I picked up the package at the post office no problems, I will post the P&T's later today or tomorrow. Everything is in order and the package is in good shape, sorry about the rambling story. :laugh:

Guess I'm next on the pass list? :cool:

All set unless you guys wrote me off in my busy absence :p :D

Please drop me a PM if all is well.
Thanks!
Robert :thumbs:

"Big Mike" aside, you are the next on the pass list, so that's where it is going.

Proposed puts and takes as follows:

Take:
Padron Anniversario Principe I think that's the name(the small one)
San Cristobal El Morro
Rocky Patel
Hoyo Dark Sumatra
H Upmann Cameroon
Ashton VSG

Puts:
Fuente Work of Art Maduro
Hoyo de Monterrey Edition Limitada 2003 pyramid (ISOM)
Rocky Patel Sun Grown Pyramid
RyJ rothchilde en tubo
Torano reserva selecta pyramid
AF Don Carlos #2
Montesino pyramid sun grown

GC2 me know what you think.

golfgar said:
Well, I've been tracking the package for some 6 hours now. It has been a ball of fun...yeah right. First when I went to PO this morning, first thing when they opened up. Since I did not have the little pink card they usually leave, I went armed with a driver's license and the D&C number. There was a huge line and only 1 lone postal employee manning the office. And she had an attitude. I stated my purpose and she immediately launched into the tirade about not having the pink slip from the mail carrier.

After the tirade was over she then walked to the back and I think took a coffee break. Then when she reappeared she asked if, since I had looked up the D&C # on the internet, whether it was sent registered. At that point I was holy schmidt what's going on here. I said I thought it was sent by priority with a signature required. Again she disappeared into the back room. By this time the rest of the 15 people in the PO were about ready to lynch ME, not her, if you can imagine that.

Well she came back out with her "boss" who's first words were.....you guessed it....We have a small problem. It seems the little pink slip was delivered to house on Lockett Ln. as opposed to Lockett Rd. Now I am in panick mode. The guy's name there was L. Newman. Of course since we have moved not too long ago the "boss" said it was an easy mistake to make and they would retrieve the package and have it redelivered. I was beside myself with anger and said I would try and contact this guy today if that was ok with them. We had short "go round" and I left with the understanding they would correct the whole thing.

Of course I would not leave well enough alone and went to find L. Newman. When cigars are involved I know no limitations. So, furious with the whole situation I went to his house, only to find out from his mom he had left for the "Lodge". The "Lodge" is a nice commuity center with an indoor and outdoor pool, gym etc.

It seems L. Newman was there, had the package and opened it up by pool. I suppose he is not a cigar smoker, because after he opened it up he abandonded the package on one of the tables around the pool. One of the lifeguards found the package sitting there, investigated the contents and removed it from the table. This guy, John Phillips, was not a cigar smoker either. According to him he looked for some name on the box, but it had been ripped off in the process of opening the package.

So in his infinite wisdom he decided that he would give the cigars to his grandfather who he knew was a regular smoker of cigars. So apparently he phoned his grandfather, "Big Mike" Phillips who happened to be on his way to go fishing on the Big Piney river today and was passing the "Lodge" about the time he received the call on his cell. So "Big Mike" grabbed the package from his grandson and left for Ozarks on the fishing trip.

I immediately got the cell # of "Big Mike". I couldn't have missed him by more than about 1/2 hour, and I knew it takes about 1 and 1/2 hours to get to the Big Piney from here, so my chances of catching "Big Mike" were very good. He answered the phone and I explained the situation, which was now clearly out of control and the panic in my voice must have been clear. He said he understood, but again there was a small problem, "Big Mike" was driving a converitble and as he was going down Highway 44....have you guys had enough yet?? I picked up the package at the post office no problems, I will post the P&T's later today or tomorrow. Everything is in order and the package is in good shape, sorry about the rambling story. :laugh:
[snapback]192921[/snapback]​

LMAO! :laugh:

Great story. You really had me going you farging suminabatch.

After rereading the post about the puts and takes, everything I put was a pyramid except the RyJ en tubo and the WOAM. But the WOAM is at least a figurado of some sort. What does that say about my preferences....I wonder..

Took to the post office today, Robert coming your way. Finally got the label to print from the USPS site. DC#2103 8555 7491 0867 2292. Have fun.

Thanks man! Will be on the lookout for it. Talked to the guy at the post office today and he said my zip is fine and no plans on any changes. Don't know why your site wouldn't allow it ???

Thanks again!

I must have tried it 7 or 8 times. Finally today I logged in again and retyped everything instead of copying from the information in your file and it worked fine. Had to download a newer version of Adobe though. Not really sure why it wanted to change the zip, but anyway got it done today.

OK Robert, dig down really deep into the humi and come up with some decent plays!

I am leaving town tomorrow, and won't be back until 6/25, so I won't be able to comment on whatever Robert attempts to sneak past us. So you guys keep a CLOSE eye on him! :p

What the......quote from the USPS website...."You entered 2103 8555 7491 0867 2292

Your item was delivered at 10:45 am on June 18, 2005 in MESA, AZ 85212. The item was signed for by A AARREOLA."

Robert, who is this guy?

xraydoc1 said:
OK Robert, dig down really deep into the humi and come up with some decent plays!

I am leaving town tomorrow, and won't be back until 6/25, so I won't be able to comment on whatever Robert attempts to sneak past us. So you guys keep a CLOSE eye on him! :p
[snapback]194553[/snapback]​

Keep talking funny boy! So much for my Swisher Sweet switch-a-roo :p :laugh:

golfgar said:
What the......quote from the USPS website...."You entered 2103 8555 7491 0867 2292

Your item was delivered at 10:45 am on June 18, 2005 in MESA, AZ 85212. The item was signed for by A AARREOLA."

Robert, who is this guy?
[snapback]194669[/snapback]​

A Aareola :D That would happen to be the beautiful leasing agent in our office who takes my packages if I'm not home.

And oh yeah....got a letter from the USPS today Golf........they're changing our zip code LOL! Sorry for all the hassle bro....even the guy at the post office told me everything was cool :rolleyes:

Anyways gents, pass is safe and sound, will post P/Ts soon, and have this puppy back out Monday.

Thanks for having me!!